VoyForums

Wed, Dec 13 2017, 16:50:35VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:17:00 07/24/17 Mon
Author: at how accurate your findings
Subject: However, for some groups that data would now be skewed, wouldn't it? There are also many variables that would play into things as well, such as travel costs generally available at the time. Five years does not necessarily provide the empirical data, either. And with your specific opinion at the close of your comments leads one to wonder
In reply to: See inside 's message, "I analyze data a lot in my occupation. I need to do a lot of forecasting using various historical data. Before this past Nans I looked at the historical count of dancers who danced by age group back to Anaheim. Very interesting!" on 20:25:28 07/24/17 Mon

Further, to be of any value, a random sampling of age groups would not provide authentic data, either. Additional variables would greatly impact the numbers.

Age groups fluctuate over the years, as well. Does your data include the aspect of the ages moving up? The data would need to follow the actual birth years, and not "age groups" or the data would be inherently flawed.

The only accurate method to properly plan an appropriate schedule would be to take the actual number of qualifiers for each age group from each region and compile them. Then take out those subject to judging conflict and then add in those who were affected the previous year. Then an appropriate day and time schedule can be accomplished.

To try to create a schedule without taking these numbers into consideration, could lead to a day with groups that have too high of numbers. In a simple comparison of regional information posted regarding competitors and comparing to actual entries from those regions, those subsequent numbers are always less.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.