VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 17:49:22VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:19:00 08/02/17 Wed
Author: Stage Hand
Subject: *
In reply to: Thank you! 's message, "Does anyone know if there is a hard and fast rule on whether novice level dancers get counted in by a stage helper at feiseanna? Particuarly younger ones?" on 07:56:25 08/02/17 Wed

I have seen many different approaches and not witnessed a set rule. As a stage hand, for the young ones in Novice, I typically will nudge them forward during the last 8 bars of the dance so they know they are about to dance; but then they are expected to count themselves in. That way confusion doesn't set in when they don't budge (or only some do). The wee ones learn pretty quickly after that and I find it is fair to them and gives the judge a chance to assess similar conditions. My two cents.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.