VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tue, Dec 12 2017, 16:05:19VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:57:33 08/02/17 Wed
Author: but...
Subject: My dd was in a similar situation her first O. She didn't recall
In reply to: Trinity 's message, "Oireachas Solos" on 09:05:00 08/02/17 Wed

It is great the posters above who shared how well their dd did and got the recall. The reality is that is not the norm for a pw dancer at their first O. I still agree with their advice to believe in yourself. I have always told my dd if she dances her best anything can happen. Don't ever sell yourself short. I also agree with the advice to have fun and enjoy the experience. The main point I want to share is there is so much more to this than just a recall. My dd worked hard to prepare for her first O solo after qualifying as a pw dancer. Even though she didn't get the recall she did get to prelim. Her hard work paid off to get her to prelim and to be successful there. Just know that no matter what the outcome at the O is the experience and all the prep leading up to it will make you a better dancer. Have fun and enjoy the experience. If you don't get the recall give yourself a moment to be disappointed. You are allowed to be because no matter what your expectations are you worked very hard and are allowed to be disappointed. Then shake it off and enjoy the time with classmates. Watch your friends sets, support any of your schools teams, watch awards. Spending the weekend with her dance friends/ family is the best part of the weekend for my dd. She has had both success and disappointment over the years. Her favorite thing is helping the younger dance teams get ready and watching them. Just enjoy yourself, work hard all fall and give it your best. You may surprise yourself and no matter what the outcome it will be a good experience.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I know it's not the norm, and it wasn't her first Oireachtas (although she -- Dm, 18:11:02 08/02/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.