VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 19:29:17VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:41:52 08/02/17 Wed
Author: More inside
Subject: My dancer just went to bed, but I'll have her post in the morning. I do know that even the most seasoned dancers get hit by nerves.
In reply to: PU15mom 's message, "Nerves outta nowhere" on 18:59:30 08/02/17 Wed

DD never smiles when she dances. She has been in Open Championship for almost two years and places well in feises and the majors (Oireachtas/Nationals), but in spite of this, she has found that smiling is one thing too many to focus on, so she focuses on her timing and technique. She has an intense expression, which seems to work for her, but I sure wish she would smile. LOL!

She has learned to take several slow, deep breaths before stepping onto the stage and once she is there, she focuses on nothing except her dancing. It seems to work for her. I will say this has been a bigger issue since she qualified for OC, but I think it may be more about her age than the level. She was 13 (15 now). Kids just tend to become more self conscious in their teens. Again, I will have DD read this thread and provide any insight.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I'm a bit confused as you say the nerves are wrecking her on stage and she's making sloppy mistakes, but she's also placing better? (NT) -- ., 04:58:02 08/03/17 Thu
  • Confusing, I know. Her new choreography suits her style so we'll, so she's placing better than ever. But nerves are now causing her to make sloppy mistakes she didn't previously. So, in theory, new choreography+no nerves=finally getting out of prelim (NT) -- OP, 15:37:21 08/03/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.