VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Sun, Dec 17 2017, 11:56:14VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:19:05 08/08/17 Tue
Author: Stories REALLY inside
Subject: Apologies -- I have posted exactly twice on this thread and had to correct myself both times.
In reply to: More inside 's message, "My dancers have also made it work when music played at wrong speed (stories inside), but judges don't always recognize it. IMHO, it is good for parents and dancers to know an appropriate and polite way to deal with the situation." on 08:01:26 08/08/17 Tue

Once at NAN's, my little one was dancing a less well-known trad set. The musician played it really slowly. She stayed with the music, but it was weird and certainly didn't show off the good dancing she had practiced. Luckily, her TC was there, told the judges, and they let her re-dance. A couple of the judges had through it was a little slow, but not all of them really noticed, not being familiar with that set.
My older dancer once did a very slow version of a contemporary set. At a feis, a musician totally forgot the left foot. She went on and did the set part, and luckily, one of the 3 judges noticed. She got to re-dance, and there was another issue in the music. This time, she felt confident enough to stop and tell the judges herself. I don't blame the musician -- it was a long day and a weird speed, but it just shows that mistakes do happen.
My point isn't that judges or musicians are bad -- far from it. But people make mistakes, and the person who notices should be able to politely explain the situation. If the judges notice, that's great, but they don't always. They may notice something is off, but think it is the dancer, rather than the music.
I just don't think it is whiny to want to know the correct way to approach an issue.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.