VoyForums

Sun, Oct 22 2017, 14:24:27VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:46:34 08/10/17 Thu
Author: wry smile.
Subject: You don't know what I've said in regional council meetings.
In reply to: Childish to complain 's message, "No one implied you can "call up" but rather you "step up" far different. Seems like you are a part of the complaining problem. Would expect an ethical TC to be a part if a solution, by actually doing something instead if complaining like a petulant mammie on a voy board ." on 09:20:22 08/10/17 Thu

If a child hears the wrong music they should not start, and should show that they know something is wrong by looking around or raising a hand.

But.

There's then no way for anyone to prove the music was incorrect. And the above relies on the child knowing what's going on in the heat of the moment when dealing with nerves. Several righteous posters have said that dancing to the wrong speed is "on the kid" but when you're 7? And it's your third feis? I can't be so flippant as to agree with them. So, the kid may be marked down if the judge didn't realise there was a problem.

Please bear in mind when reading the above -

1) in the poster that initially thought this thread was about 96 vs 73 jigs, as I don't think a few notches on the metronome makes all that much difference with more basic steps, and I don't see problems happen that often with our musicians.

2) I never miss a feis so am there to flag any issues every time

3) again, you simply have no idea what goes on in meetings or what any of us have said about speeds in them. Even who can go to one, I shouldn't imagine, as my region is unusual in allowing all teachers not just members to attend selected meetings.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.