VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Mon, Dec 18 2017, 14:43:22VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:26:33 08/10/17 Thu
Author: new poster
Subject: They need to come up with something that works for retired dancers that want to take the TCRG exam.
In reply to: Moved away from old school 's message, "What about someone not affiliated with a school anymore? Haven't competed in a while, thinking about tc eventually." on 11:30:30 08/10/17 Thu

I wish they would clarify the situation. It seems rather unfair that a retired dancer who already knows the material on the grade exams would have to enroll in a school and pay tuition, just so they could sign up for grade exams.

I would think this is not a rare situation. Champ dancer, retires during college years, or after college, then a few years later, decides to get TCRG. In the past, they just needed to find someone to sponsor them for the TCRG exam, now they have to go through all the grade exams as well... and at this time...anyone in this scenario would not have had an opportunity to take the grade exams when they were dancing 5 years ago.. (in the U.S. anyway) as most of us had never even heard of "grade exams" until a few years ago.

The grade exams were created to be taken over a course of years, as the dancer progresses through the levels, not the way people are being required to do it now. I think this new rule that requires accomplished champ level dancers to go back and dance beginner reels (paying fees, flights and hotels in most cases) is just a way to make money. It is frustrating for the dancers who are trying to get to the TCRG exam. I have heard the suggestion that the Commission wants to ensure that dancers are well versed in trad. dances, and not just "championship level" dancing, and I think that is great... but if that was the only reason, they could just add a trad dancing section to the TCRG exam (add trad hornpipes, and hard jigs, light jigs and single jigs to the list of dances they must demonstrate at the TCRG exam). I really think most of the dancers who are having to fly across the country to dance a single jig and trad hornpipe would be MORE than willing to add another section to their TCRG exam instead.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.