VoyForums

Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:11:10VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:17:18 08/11/17 Fri
Author: .
Subject: Observation.

I think people should remember that they don't really know who they're talking to when they engage in a debate on this board.

Anyone is free to insert themselves into a particular thread at any point, so the person who replies to your comment might not be the person to whom YOU were responding.

It's also worth considering whether you can REALLY psychoanalyze someone based on mere 3-4 sentences. You don't know everything about somebody based on one post, one opinion, one topic. Imagine how outraged you'd be if someone pulled that stunt on you. That's how silly you look to others.

And as for assuming poster A and poster B must be the same person because their writing style is the same? Well, it's happened to me multiple times (not in recent days) and every time the person has been wrong - they have truly been conversing with more than one person while thinking the other person was trying to trick them. Unless someone is purposefully trying to disguise their way of writing (they often become distinguishable by mistake when employing this tactic...) - just don't make any assumptions.

The way some people post, I'd be terrified of their anger issues if I was unfortunate enough to meet them in real life. But, we're all pushed for time and aiming for brevity. I'm sure everyone posting here is a great person in real life - but every once in a while, try reading back what you've written and seeing if you REALLY needed to be so rude.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.