VoyForums

Fri, Oct 20 2017, 7:34:43VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:51:06 08/13/17 Sun
Author: honest question
Subject: I don't understand what the problem is with people getting their TCRG then waiting to start teaching. If the commission feels there are too many TC's, wouldn't they be happy that everyone isn't starting a new school immediately?
In reply to: Dancer 's message, "They aren't going to make it easier for anyone to become a TCRG... they are trying to keep the numbers DOWN actually" on 22:41:11 08/11/17 Fri

Not looking to be confrontational... just stating an opinion. Happy to hear others opinions, if can be done in a civil manner.

Since they keep adding more requirements to getting the TCRG, I would advise a dancer to go ahead and get it now (before they add more requirements) or before the dancer gets older and not in "champ level condition" for dancing.

I don't understand why it is a big concern that people are getting their TC's then not opening schools. Maybe they plan to do it later, or just teach for another school part time later.

There have always been inactive TCRG's around.Just like any profession...I know nurses that are not currently working as nurses, and accountants and plumbers and chef's. Sometimes people's lives change. I guess I just don't see where that is a big problem. I got a teacher credential in college (grade school teacher) and then never used it...my life went a different direction. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to be "upset with me" that I didn't use that credential. It would have been very useful, had my life taken another turn... I could have then returned to that idea and made a living as a school teacher.

Would be interested to hear why others feel it is a problem. In our area, there are not too many schools or TC's. We live on the edge of an area that has a developed Irish Dance community. There is no sign that any established TC's want to expand "further out". If you travel further out it from where we live it is probably 600 miles to the next Irish Dance school. So there are big areas of the country that are certainly not overrun with Irish Dance Schools.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.