VoyForums

Tue, Oct 17 2017, 13:54:53VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:31:03 08/21/17 Mon
Author: ...
Subject: I've had three dancers transfer recently and both handled it very differently...
In reply to: new TC submits paperwork 's message, "Many people will come here with horror stories about transfers, sadly; however, the most professional and courteous way to work this is to speak with the TC, explain the reasons for the transfer, keep it simple and don't bring emotional aspects into it." on 09:17:17 08/21/17 Mon

One girl was a beginner dancer - she'd been with me about 9 months and had just done her first feis. At the feis she realised one of her schoolfriends danced for a different school and they hung out at the feis. She came to a couple more classes after that but I found out she'd transferred through another mom in my class. She'd gone to her schoolfriend's dancing school. My reaction was, "well I can't blame her, but it would have been nice to be told."

A second transfer was a young up-and-comer, been with me for about a year, quite conscientious, very supportive mom. They came to class very early one day carrying flowers and said it was their last class. They told me where they were transferring, that they were leaving to get more classes and privates, and thanked me for all my work. I was sad to see her go but I really, really appreciated the way they handled it. At her first feis back I went over to say hello to them both and wished her good luck. Again, no hard feelings - she's gone to a much bigger school and I can see why it'd be tempting, they're longer-established and very successful.

The third transfer...I have to admit, I will not be speaking to them at competitions in future. I'm glad they've transferred but if you're going to go about it by way of an abusive phone call, then you don't deserve any pleasantries from me in future.

Just be nice about it and you should receive niceness in return.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.