VoyForums

Sat, Oct 21 2017, 1:55:46VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:32:10 08/21/17 Mon
Author: KML
Subject: When I transferred (as an adult dancer), everyone told me to just disappear--don't say anything to the teacher, just go. I thought that was awful. Instead, I...
In reply to: ... 's message, "I've had three dancers transfer recently and both handled it very differently..." on 09:31:03 08/21/17 Mon

...spoke frankly to the teacher about my desire for a larger school, and thanked him for taking me when no one else would, adult dancers not being popular in my city. I told him I'd learned a lot from him, and I would do my best to build on that foundation in the future.

Everyone around me told me I was nuts to do this. "He'll get back at you", they said. "He's a judge. He'll make you pay." I said, "You know what? He might. I can't control his behavior, but I can control mine. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way, to just walk away from him without so much as a "see ya!". I will treat him the way he deserves to be treated, and if he lashes out, well, that's what happens. If I treat him like dirt, he'll lash out anyway, and the worst part is, I'll deserve it. Instead, I will do what's right, and if he goes after me, I will know I *don't* deserve it.

My teacher wasn't happy about my leaving, but he understood. We remained friends, and he frequently found me at competitions and gave me advice (which he probably wasn't supposed to do, but I appreciated his input). He's dead now, and I cherish his memory.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.