VoyForums

Mon, Oct 23 2017, 3:00:49VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:33:27 08/22/17 Tue
Author: ECR
Subject: Agreed, I thought the word proper was a poor choice. Confusing and not accurate. To answer OP, there are different versions because of how dances were shared way back when and therefore there are some variations but it isn't based on advanced vs beginner dancers.
In reply to: My 2c 's message, "It's a little irresponsible of IDM to post saying it's the 'proper' Blackbird, as there are multiple versions that are proper (although this version is lovely, and the videos are nice). I would prefer to see "proper" videos from CLRG though as to what versions are sanctioned for competition." on 09:49:59 08/22/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• "Proper" was a bad choice. My dancer loves trad sets, and has won with sets done in the more common style, the Molyneaux style, and the Cork style. All are acceptable in general competitions, and my dancer has so far had no problem using all three styles in grade exams. See rule inside. -- Hth, 14:20:20 08/22/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.