VoyForums

Fri, Oct 20 2017, 18:33:39VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:11:14 09/14/17 Thu
Author: OCDancer
Subject: Grad student here. As long as she wants to continue to dance she will be fine, she will learn to manage her time very well and it will serve her well in college and life. Remind her to work smarter not harder, really make a game plan for studying and dance practice and stick to a schedule..... more continued inside.
In reply to: Looking for suggestions 's message, "DD is entering her junior year and is starting to worry about balancing dance and school. We have talked to her about cutting back for this year. She's worried she will lose her edge (not a WQ but wants to be). Any advice on how your dancer handled their junior year?" on 05:16:24 08/03/17 Thu

Make a plan for the week and each practice and stick to it religiously. Being really good about stamina and strength training is the number one thing that helped me stay competitive even though I wasn't able to go to 5 classes a week anymore. I danced through high school and also through undergrad while working 30+ hours a week, in fact my best dancing years have been in college. If she wants to make it happen she will, it will be difficult but I have no doubt that she will be better for it.

PS. Schools like to see students who have passion for things outside of school, and show dedication to something long term. Even during my pharmacy school interviews the interviewers were interested in my competitive dancing and the volunteer work I did through dance even more so than my medical related volunteer work. Don't let the worry of college get in the way of enjoying her high school years and making the most of the time she has left to dance at this level.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.