VoyForums

Tue, Oct 17 2017, 23:05:07VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:08:22 09/18/17 Mon
Author: Sending good thoughts!
Subject: Depression after a serious athletic injury is something many athletes go through. (more inside)
In reply to: good luck!! 's message, "Is she still attending classes? If not, and she is physically able to move (i.e., she is on crutches or hopping around), make her go." on 09:20:08 09/18/17 Mon

If she seems truly depressed (tired, disinterested, sleep problems, etc.), you might want to have her evaluated in case she could benefit from counseling. There are counselors out there who specialize in working with athletes. My dancer did a service learning project with a local group (MD) called Positive-Strides, which tries to raise awareness about this correlation between serious athletic injury and mental health. (And, yes, my dancer, too, has suffered a serious injury - she was out for six months - so I understand your concerns...you're a great parent to be so concerned and involved.)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.