VoyForums

Thu, Dec 14 2017, 14:53:23VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:43:58 09/29/17 Fri
Author: Seriously?
Subject: Response inside
In reply to: Relax! 's message, "1. It's a small community with no weirdos. 2. If you're afraid, better keep your child home in a burka 3. No one recognizes dancers outnof the massive makeup and encrusted costumes." on 08:38:23 09/28/17 Thu

1. Are you kidding me? Many of the feises are open to the public held in hotels or at Irish fests, anyone can watch. There have been cases of men taking pictures of little girls' bending over and posting them on-line. Yes, this can happen anywhere, but if I see someone taking pictures of my child, I politely ask them to stop. It's not that small of a community, and don't forget, one of the teachers (not CLRG) was caught molesting his students. There are weirdos in any community, just because they don't have a brand on their foreheads doesn't mean they aren't there.
2. I work in a school for students who have dropped out of school or have been expelled. Do you know how many of my students have been exploited from photos taken unknowingly? I allow all my children a great deal of freedom, but that doesn't mean I'm unaware of what is going on in the world. They are well aware of what can be done with pictures on social media and take precautions.
3. I don't care if anyone recognizes my child or not, I don't want someone I don't know having pictures of my child.
4. The point is moot in that videoing is not allowed, so the rule should be enforced. If people want videos of their child dancing (and who doesn't?) then they should push their region to have a professional record the approved dances and sell them after the event. This would prevent parents from pushing their way onto the stage and distracting/blocking everyone else.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• There are weirdos and creeps in every community! You are naive if you think there isn't ! (NT) -- Mom, 00:22:47 09/30/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.