VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:32:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:23:05 08/10/21 Tue
Author: Super Senior
Subject: Refusing to feis unless 20+ comp is reasonable. More inside.
In reply to: yeesh 's message, "So much complaining! Saw a post by a sr lady on the NE Voy who won't feis there because they don't always have age 20+. How about just being grateful that anybody goes to the very considerable effort to put on a feis during a pandemic? It's a far more complex undertaking than it was in the past. Not sure why anyone bothers, given all the whining." on 14:27:39 07/24/21 Sat

I see nothing wrong with refusing to feis if a 20&Over group is not offered.

Having me a super senior lady who is 30+ compete with high schoolers is absolutely ridiculous. It’s not that we can’t keep up, but we are all in different places in our lives. An18 year old who has all the time in the world and daddy’s/mommy’s money verses a full time working 30+ year old are going to have completely different dance energies and it’s not a fair comparison.

I will never compete at a major against an 18 year old. It is not an accurate comparison for when I go to a major which is 22+, ladies who are out of college, or possibly at end of college or in grad school. And that’s essentially a full time job. So a 20+ age group is more fair.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.