VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:04:23Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:36:47 09/06/21 Mon
Author: jkl
Subject: These are all good suggestions for fixing the problem. HOWEVER, they won't work if she doesn't WANT to fix it.
In reply to: Mom 's message, "DD looks at the floor the whole time she dances. Worse still, she argues with me and says she doesn't. So I filmed her and showed her. OH!, she says, then still looks at the floor. How can I help her at home with this?" on 10:51:28 08/26/21 Thu

I'ld give her the suggestions then drop it. Kids work way harder at things that THEY choose to work on.

There are a lot of things kids HAVE to do... being a fabulous Irish Dancer isn't one of those "required" things.

Give her in the info and then walk away. Let it be her thing.

If she is unhappy with her placements at feis, and you can see this hasn't improved, you can then point out the issue again.

Honestly, I harped at my daughter about this kind of thing a lot when she was younger... occasionally she would listen, but more often not, and she was "mediocre" at feis for a long time. At some point SHE decided to get serious, and then she made great progress and I had little to do with it. In hindsight... I think I should have left her alone more. All kids are different, and some are much more receptive to "Mom's advice". YOu know you kid, but be dispense "mom-coaching" with a small spoon, is my recommendation.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.