VoyForums

Wednesday, October 01, 10:22:12pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:37:42 03/11/04 Thu
Author: NTKHC64
Subject: Re: I'd be shocked if he told poi!
In reply to: hchoops 's message, "poi-do you know whom rw was scouting?" on 17:15:41 03/11/04 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: poi-do you know whom rw was scouting? -- Rick, 18:20:04 03/11/04 Thu

Certainly not anyone from St. Anthony's or Paterson Catholic....would you agree '64 ?

I saw both Seton Hall Prep and Don Bosco play last December at a holiday tourney in South Carolina. SHP's entire starting 5 are underclassmen and they are now 24-2 and ranked #2 in NJ and I believe #8 in the Northeast region. One of their losses was by 4 or 5 to St. Anthony's in early January. Their top player is a 6'8" 230lb. C/PF named Costner who is definitely NOT interested in the Patriot. He has firm offers from UCLA, Kansas, etcetera. Their 2nd best kid is a 6'2" SG named Pusar who I'm told is being heavily recruited by and leaning toward the Ivies but now getting attention of several major programs. From what I saw of him, he would be a dominate player at the Patriot level....relentless kid on O & D who scored about 26 in the game I attended. Don Bosco I think is #5 in NJ ( season finished ) and has 2 6'8"/6'9" kids ( one named Biggs ) up front who appeared to have ability above the Patriot level.

Both teams are in the top A state division and as evidenced by each's performance in South Carolina, can compete nationally. SHP is a long-time powerhouse in NJ....recent grads being Brandon Knight ( Pitt AA ), Marcus Toney-El ( SHU starter ), Anthony Drehaj ( St. Louis starter ) and Tyrone Barley ( St. Joe's starter/6th man ).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: poi-do you know whom rw was scouting? -- NTKHC64, 20:27:06 03/11/04 Thu

Rick:

I really haven't had enough time to follow NJ HS hoops as much as I would've liked this season. I've seen one game.
I do have my sleeper pick for HC that they know about but he didn't play in the game at St. Peter's.

While on HS hoops, I remember 4 years ago going to the finals at the Dunn Center in Elizabeth. Winning one title was Red Bank Catholic with Lehigh's Jess DePalo and Brooke Tomovich, now of Bucknell after transferring from Loyola. Coach Gibbons tried to get DePalo but didn't. I don't know what if anything he did about Tomovich who came off the bench to wipe out HC in the tournament. Brittany Keil is from NJ and Red Bank Catholic has another top team this year from which we have no one. Coach Gibbons ought to come to NJ more often.

On the same program back in 2000 CBA lost to SHP on a last second miracle shot. Toney-El was a senior on that team.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> '64 -- Rick, 21:04:03 03/11/04 Thu

Perhaps out of line a bit on the St. Anthony's/Paterson Catholic crack....but neither school known for their general academics ( IMO, Hurley is a nut ).

I have vague recall on that CBA-SHP game 4 years ago....didn't CBA have one of their better clubs that year ? Any names come to mind ?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: '64 -- NTKHC64, 22:39:41 03/11/04 Thu

The first one is Jason Krayl who went to Monmouth. His Hawks topped Central Connecticut last night at West Long Branch to earn the NEC tournament berth.

Next is Tim Begley now at Penn.

Also Mike Skrocki now at Richmond.

Not a bad group!

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.