VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, September 23, 02:23:16pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:04:26 03/12/04 Fri
Author: MHMD is a phony?
Subject: Re: Was this the real MHMD??
In reply to: KY Crusader '75 's message, "Was this the real MHMD??" on 22:36:36 03/11/04 Thu

This guy has been preaching hoop, as a coach and expert. His coaching is probably at the 3rd grade girls club level, or similar. He makes you want to believe he coached Div II or III mens. Chances are he's not qualified to hold Willards jock. Just a frustrated fan, sitting in the stands and being overly critical. He even thinks he knows mor than Jim Boehiem, or "Jimmy B" as he so tries to imply that he knows the guy from his inner coaching circles. The joke's on us. His gig is obscene. "Fans" like him we don't need.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- MHMD, 14:01:04 03/12/04 Fri

Just for the record, holding anyones jock is not my agenda.. but based on your post, maybe it's yours. Is it you that is feeling frustrated??? Somehow I don't think you have a shot with Ralph.sorry.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- Just for the record, 14:55:16 03/12/04 Fri

You you are soo tough. Come out from behind your rock and show your face.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- HC93, 15:07:22 03/12/04 Fri

That was pretty funny! Good one!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- MHMD, 21:52:11 03/12/04 Fri

The personal attacks are interesting. Rather then get defensive and go after me, how about facing issues and addressing them. It's truly amazing.. Is there anyone out there who will address issues without apologizing??? ANYONE?????All I know is this, YOUR team is home, I repeat HOME, for the dance. Do you think its all because of youth??? Or do you think there were solveable issues that need addressing for the future. If not, you'll all be watching another representative from the PL next year too.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> You are delusional -- Ferris Bueller, 22:21:06 03/12/04 Fri

First you make up fabrications.Then you tell us we are not in the NCAA because WE did not address solveable issues as pointed out by you.
You and your agenda have been exposed over and over. Yes OUR team is home and guess what: no team at our level goes every year. We had 1 senior and two front court players who did not play because of injuries. We were 322 out of 326 in FT%.Solve that issue for us and we will be fine.
Every time you are criticized for fabrications you call it personal attacks yet youmake up stuff about Willard and call it addressing issues.
Unless you are coacing the team next year(from the bench ,not the bleachers)you won't be addressing anything.
Leave OUR team to us and rational discussion. Not your rantings about Willard.

How about that ANYONE??? CLASS???ANYONE????

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- NTKHC64, 09:16:52 03/13/04 Sat

I said I was through with this but I'll say for what I hope is the last time: If you look at the posts through out the year, there were many, many that offered different approaches: run more, press more, give this player more time, etc. If these weren't criticisms of the coaching staff, they were at the very least suggestions of how things should be changed. It was far from a situation that gave carte blanche without criticism to the coach(es).

As I said no coach is perfect in every phase of the game. The major point that I've had to take issue with is the allegation that Coach Willard put his own career ahead of the program and hurt the program by taking two interviews last year. That allegation has been denied by Coach in the poi post and in other places. The accuser has supplied no proof of harm.

"Personal attacks" (if you consider them such) on the accuser are in reality statements by posters that his ad hominem attacks on the Coach are baseless. As Ferris says, tell us how to shoot free throws. Also how to recruit the player from Brewster(?) rather than rip recruit Clifford.

One thing the accuser has done successfully is drawn attention to himself. The coaches know about him and do not care. Others however do read this board and may construe the absence of a response to a baseless claim as an acceptance of its merit. That is not going to happen.

If the accuser has coaching experience and is a fan of the program, he should put up his suggestions for the problems as he sees them on the court and not launch personal baseless attacks.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Was this the real MHMD?? -- MHMD, 09:50:51 03/13/04 Sat

Well written NT, however clearly another example of how dilusional you become. Ripping Clifford?? That, in a nutshell, is why credibility is taken away. Have you seen him play or are you going just on posts and comments from the coaching staff?? I've seen him twice and in my opinion he'll be a solid player, possibly develop by the second half of the year, but in my opinion not right away. Lstoria is a year older, is a much better athlete, comes from the south side of Chicago,and is built like a brick house=he SHOULD be an impact player next year and at this point is further ahead... at this point.. Ill say it again, I respect your passion but your credibility is a joke. You are fodder for conversation at games ( your "fans" as you put it more then once have singled you out to us at games)and clearly put your heart where your head is. My comment was a simple one- rather than get defensive and have people apologize for "other side comments", talk basketball. All I know is this= if a team is having problems generating offense, they better find a way to score off defense. Forget coaching/playing experience. How about sitting with a few of the '54 team members and hearing them comment on "where has this been" all year- with regards to pressing. Not pressing because "refs don't like to go up and down the floor"?- if this was actually said by Willard (which I don't believe)that is ridiculous. As far as the "trend" not to press?? There was a "trend" of not finishing games/hitting foul shots/generating offense- better get creative and find a freekin way to do so. don't you think? And as far as scheduling- if you think ALL the D1 schools in the Northeast are blackballing HC and not playing them- well I just find that hard to believe. Again, HC plays in clearly a weak D1 league and is not one of the better teams in it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> This team was 7th Nationally in Steals@10.7 -- UAB 1st @11.7, 13:11:19 03/13/04 Sat

How many more steals were they going to (the best in thenation got 1 more per game)by presing vs how many more fouls would they committ.
Your argument holds no water,as usual. Again they turned Bucknell over 28 times and still scored 60pts while Bucknell shot 62% from the floor and shot a lot more free throws. sometimes you score off the press and sometimes you get scored on.Free throws were still the single biggest problem for this team. shoot 70% and they win 19-20 games and you are miserable.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> this guy doesn't care about hc... -- ...honestly, 11:03:33 03/13/04 Sat

He's already said he's not an graduate of Holy Cross...and now it's "YOUR team"...enuff said

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: MHMD Comments on Clifford-Judge for Yourselves -- NTKHC64, 12:14:35 03/13/04 Sat

1.I saw Cliff play a few times this week and he's clearly a year or two away from being anything more then a fill in player.

2.I've seen him twice and in my opinion he'll be a solid player, possibly develop by the second half of the year, but in my opinion not right away.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.