Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

Thursday, April 24, 05:02:47amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:52:17 03/15/04 Mon
Author: cf rivals
Subject: Re: you're right - the PL is a joke!
In reply to: dadominate 's message, "you're right - the PL is a joke!" on 22:54:50 03/14/04 Sun

Dado, I am trying to look at the history of the PL(What has it been 15yrs?, Are we improving?? There has been a 12 and a 14 seed(HC), but outside of that, when has there been anything higher than a 15 maybe(once or twice) and the usual 16th seed. How many NIT berths has the PL had(zero), Outside of the PL TV package(which you can't see in NE w/o DTV) have been on? Who has wins over top 60 even top 100 teams?

I know alot on this board want to see the bright side of this league, but I can't seem to come up with too much. I will say the frosh in this league were probably the best I have seen as 1st yr contributors, lets see if they continue to progress(we have seen players drop off from their frosh yr at HC). Our tourney winner with an RPI in the 200's, that's rediculous. I know HC is staying, so why should I say anything? Because you have to look at the facts!

After 15 yrs, you have to look at the facts. See if your investment is growing or declining? With all the financial woes in the athletic programs at HC and your $$ programs not able to produce, you have got to look at ways to improve the bottom line. How can you schedule top competition? How can you increase TV and media exposure? How can you improve facilities? How can you win over fans? These are questions you need to look at and are building blocks for a consistant
progressing program, I just don't believe the PL can or will ever be able to answer these questions.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: It's A College;it's not for entertainment. -- NTKHC64, 09:15:11 03/15/04 Mon

cf rivals:

When the PL men's champ get's the play-in game and the women's champ gets a 16 seed it's never a good thing. Your comments on investment (paragraph 3) make sense but I can tell you that my reaction is that investment growth and bottom line issues in athletics (i.e. losses) do not seem to generate excitement/worry/panic. The College is primarily an institution of higher learning, and not, as many would have it, a source of entertainment. This was told me recently, not by Fr. Brooks, either.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: It's A College;it's not for entertainment. -- cf rivals, 09:25:35 03/15/04 Mon

Then they should stop trying to mask themselves as a legitimate D1 program and just go the recreational way or drop down to D3. Plain and simple. Stop trying to fool people who back this program.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: It's A College;it's not for entertainment. -- NTKHC64, 10:20:40 03/15/04 Mon

Perhaps they would...but's that not the way the Ivies do it!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: It's A College;it's not for entertainment. -- BBFAN, 10:58:28 03/15/04 Mon

Who cares about the Ivies, what about Duke, Stanford, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt who are all in the big dance and are all better academic schools then most. We can compete with good student athletes if we would join a better league.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: It's A College;it's not for entertainment. -- NTKHC64, 11:01:07 03/15/04 Mon

The comment was sarcastic. I agree with what you say.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Not so sarcastic my friend.... -- Rick, 12:33:29 03/15/04 Mon

....as I think you and I both know.

IMO, the powers at be have foolishly been trying to make Holy Cross into something it never has been, never will be and never should be.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Not so sarcastic my friend.... -- cf rivals, 12:47:52 03/15/04 Mon

It's kind of funny, How we might actually think that with the hiring of RW, a committment to Scholarships and 3 trips to the NCAA's would have been a springboard to bigger and better things. Shame on me for thinking that!

It was mentioned on this board before, "you are judged by the company you keep" Well, my friends the harsh reality is that HC WANTS to be in the lowest rated league in D1 BB, They are HAPPY to see their league in the P.I.G. They are NOT CONCERNERD with the fact that half the league is rated below 250 in the RPI and they are a laughing stock of the NCAA's.

I went to a D3 school that takes its sports much more seriously than HC, That's SAD. Again, I am not an Alum but a fan, If I were an Alum, I might look where my $$ would be better utilized because if I were giving my $$ to a school that takes an arrogant attitude in how the league they are part of is TERRIBLE and they don't seem to care, It might be time to give to more worthy causes.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.