Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

Thursday, April 24, 05:18:49pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:58:00 03/16/04 Tue
Author: TS1970
Subject: Re: Just for comparison....
In reply to: jon 's message, "Re: Just for comparison...." on 22:19:56 03/15/04 Mon

I guess some of you people just don't get it, don't want to get it or just don't want to open your minds to a point of view that varies from your own on the issue of HC and it's PL basketball membership. The PL haters argument is predicated on the following theory: A great many top notch, outstanding high school basketball players that HC would normally be very interested in recruiting and who would be academically acceptable, are just plainly not interested in playing in a college basketball conference that is rated as poorly as the Patriot League. The deductive reasoning is therefore that this PL membership inhibits the recruiting of top players and holds the college back from greatly improving the caliber of its recruits thus retarding any dramatic improvement in the program beyond a certain point. The argument is clear and straightforward and until proven otherwise, I believe it is valid and has merit.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Re: Just for comparison.... -- Purple71, 09:13:01 03/16/04 Tue

Well stated, TS1970. I note that the Colgate posters who sing the praises of the PL don't seem to mention the 200,300 & 400 attendance at their home games this year.

It will be interesting to see how the Pl is going to get more notice with attendance like that. Even the Championship Game was not a sell out in a very small arena for a college tournament championship and on campus to boot.

I think there is some fraud in advertising here, the Pl is not Mid Major, it is perhaps the lowest rung of D1, as the NCAA Selection Committee just reminded us. I would hope the Cross could play Mid Major in the A 10 or MAAC rather then continue in a Low Rung D1 league.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.