Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

Sunday, April 20, 10:00:41pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:12:41 03/16/04 Tue
Author: NTKHC64
Subject: Nick Manzello's Column of 3/16/04

I came across this and I wondered why Nick didn't put in the names of the players honored. More importantly, there was no mention of the Holy Cross honorees on our own site.

I also thought that some might be interested in the Sherry Levin -Togo story.

The Worcester Area Coaches Basketball Association held its annual awards banquet last week at the Holiday Inn, Worcester. Honored were team MVPs and captains from Anna Maria, Assumption, Becker, Clark, Holy Cross, Fitchburg State, Nichols, Quinsigamond, WPI and Worcester State. Telegram & Gazette sportswriter Jennifer Toland, who won the Paul N. Johnson Memorial Award, and Voke's Bob Vartanian received special recognition.

Former HC star Levin shines
Palazzi praises coaching efforts

Soon after the Worcester Academy girls' basketball team won the Class B NEPSAC championship, a phone call came from Togo Palazzi, the former Holy Cross All-American, who called to comment on the great coaching job turned in by the Hilltoppers' Sherry Levin.
Levin was an All-American at Holy Cross, where she still holds the women's scoring record with 2,253 points, and is a Division 1 women's basketball broadcast analyst. She led the Hilltoppers to a 20-6 record this season and has an overall record of 59-17, leading her team to three championship appearances.
In the stands to witness the historic event - Worcester's first title - were friends and family and her college coach, Palazzi.
"My daughter was there, along with Togo Palazzi. It was a wonderful feeling to have brought home the championship with my former coach at Holy Cross, Togo, watching," Levin said.
An outstanding high school player, Levin selected Holy Cross over a number of Division 1 schools because of her relationship with Palazzi, whom she met at clinics.
"When I heard that Togo had gotten the job as women's basketball coach at Holy Cross, I decided that was where I wanted to play my college basketball," Levin said.
Team chemistry and an unselfish attitude characterized WA all season. Quality wins over Class A teams Milton, Buckingham Browne & Nichols, Northfield-Mt. Hermon, Deerfield, Thayer, Exeter and - for the first time ever - Andover laid the groundwork for success, Levin said.
She called it a complete team effort. Players included senior tri-captains Emily Allietta, Kathy Arias and Courtney Pelley, plus Laurie Boland, Natalie Dixon, Michelle Boland, Katie Even, Carly Morin, Katie Littleton, Emily Martel, Meghan Rios, Alicia Marculitis, Rashonda Speed, Rachel Rios and Camille Trainor. Managers were Abe Elmaola, Alex Meyer and Neil Ngondi, and assistant coach was Brandi Trice.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.