Welcome to the original Women's Enema and Douche Message Board.

VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34567 ]
Subject: 1st time enema for rectal exam

Author:
Lisa C
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 10:30: pm

I am seeing a new gyno for my yearly exam and I received some information in the mail in regards to my exam and it mentioned if you are over 40 the dr will be doing a recto/vaginal exam as well as a rectal exam. I have never had either one and I was thinking I should use an enema before the exam. Hard to believe, but I am 45 and I have never had an enema. I went to the store yesterday and wasn't sure if I should buy a fleet enema or buy a bulb or bag. Can anyone give me advice on which type of enema is good when it's your first one. I read that the fleet enemas can cause a lot of cramping and so I was thinking maybe a bulb enema that I mix myself would be better. Also if you have had either a recto/vaginal or rectal exam or both would you share what it was like. I am nervous about the enema and the exams.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: 1st time enema for rectal exam

Author:
Lisa C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 07:46: pm

Thanks for all your advice and info. I did used a fleet enema before the exam and didn't like it, too much cramping. However I was glad I was cleaned out before she did the rectal exam. I was in the stirrups and she did the rectal/vag first, it wasn't too bad and then she did the rectal. Pretty thorough rectal exam. Finger inserted pretty deeply and moved it around feeling all sides of my rectum. Then she moved it kind of in and out feeling sides in a different way. Not painful, just strange sensations. Since it was pretty thorough, I was so glad I used the enema or I am sure I would have felt the need to go. Am going to experiment with the Fleet Naturals Enema and also a plain water bulb enema. Thanks again, glad that is over until next year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: 1st time enema for rectal exam

Author:
Courtney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 01:15: pm

A nurse friend told me that if your Dr. checks for occult blood as part of your rectal exam., then it's best not to take an enema beforehand since doing so could distort the test results. When my Dr. does this test she wipes a small amount of stool from her gloved finger onto a test card which she said will change color if any blood is present. Was wondering if others of you have had this test?

[> [> Subject: Re: 1st time enema for rectal exam

Author:
Bonnie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010, 04:33: pm

My doctor does it that way, Courtney. There are three slides in the kit, and she wipes her finger across one of them after the rectal and gives me the other two to take home and return in a few days.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.