www.WomensEnemaForum.com
www.WomensEnemaAndDoucheForum.com

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Subject: A Nurse's Suggestions . . .

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 07:59: pm

. . . courtesy of a visiting nurse I had years ago.

* After cleaning and rinsing your syringe or combo bag, shake as much water out as possible, then warm the inside for a minute with a hair dryer on low or medium setting. This will speed drying before hanging.

* If you've giving an enema for the first time to a reluctant or anxious hubby, significant other, etc., LESS IS BETTER. In other words, don't start off with an overflowing bag. Go slow and give just a pint or quart, max. Your patient will be more relaxed, the enema will be easier to retain with less cramping, and it'll be more comfortable. Make that first enema as "good" as you can make it. First impressions are lasting.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: A Nurse's Suggestions . . .

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011, 02:37: pm

Dear Catherine A,

Your nurse’s suggestions are the same as those of my mothers and aunts and I've been following them during my "E" life.

The only thing I have to add is something my aunt also advised and my mother followed: Go slow, it's an enema not a race.

I've always enjoyed your commen sense postings through the years.

Hugs,

Marlene

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: More Nurse's Suggestions . . .

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 10:52: am

First of all, thank you, Marlene!! I try to be sensible while taking or giving enemas. Yes, they can be enjoyable (for different reasons), but they are an invasive medical procedure, something we are doing to our own bodies or to others.

Some other tips I learned from a visiting nurse I had years ago or more recently from a colon therapist:

* To minimize possible nausea during an enema, refrain from eating a heavy meal 2 to 3 hours before.

* Take (or give) small but steady amounts of water or a Gatorade-type drink an hour or so before the enema to address any electrolyte issues.

* If a large volume enema is taken (given), let the patient rest at least 30 minutes between and give small, steady amount of Gatorade, orange juice, etc.

When I was undergoing rehab years ago following my accident, and needed to take enemas and so many meds, I kept a journal. It's nice to have after all these years as a reminder of what to do -- and not to do.

Thanks again!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.