Welcome to the original Women's Enema and Douche Message Board.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]
Subject: " We are going to have to give you an enema "

Author:
Cassie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 11:38: am

I have seen many postings here about when you were a kid knowing when you were going to get an enema . I got the same thing from my mom when I hadn't went for a while , or enough to suit her. But what about later in life , in the hospital ? I was in the hospital twice for female surgeries , and yes, received enemas both times. I remember so well the nurse coming in to my bed ( outpatient , 1st time ) and saying " We are going to have to give you an enema " The butterflies in my tummy were so real ! Although only a Fleet's , it was still an enema administered from a stranger .
The second surgery was a 2 and a half day stay . Again , I can remember those words , slightly different , but none the less ,causing the same feelings inside. " I am going to have to give you an enema and shave you "
This time , it was 2 bag enemas , and a very through shave of areas I would prefer to do myself.
Would love to hear other experiences . I know I am not alone on this.
Cassie

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: " We are going to have to give you an enema "

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 02:37: pm

I was severely injured in a cycling accident in 1984 and spent a month in the hospital and several weeks at home recovering with the help of visiting nurses and physical therapists.

While in the hospital, I was given Fleet enemas a few times as surgery preps and because I was constipated. I'm not sure of the exact words nurses used, but they were something like, "I have an enema for you" or "This will make you feel better," the latter not including the "e" word.

At home, I had a wonderful young nurse, just a year older than I (at 23). I remember this more vividly, despite the passage of so many years. Despite various preventive tries (prunes, laxatives, suppositories, etc.) the pain meds were still doing a number of my system.

One afternoon after I had been home about two weeks, Angie came for her usual 45 minutes or so. As was routine by then, she did what she called an "assessment," which meant a head to toe exam to see how I was progressing. Angie always needed to know my "output" which my husband was keeping on a log, along with vital signs and other information for my doctors. When I wasn't having a daily BM, she did what she called an "intervention" (see above). These interventions had been working since I was home, but then they weren't enough.

I remember Angie's words: "We need to get you moving down here" (she was listening with her stethoscope to my abdomen). "I'll ask for an order for warm water enemas. Think you can survive? (as she was smiling). Later that day Angie returned to our apartment and gave me two large enemas. It was a life-changing experience.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Jean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 02:27: am

Mom never said anything about her plans to give me an enema. When she decided I needed one, she got all the equipent and ready and Then she called me into the bathroom.

When I walked in, I immediately saw the black bulb and nozzle on the sink with the pan of solution in the sink.
A towel was already placed over the down toilet seat.I knew what was going to happen so I pulled my panties down to my ankles, lifted my sleeping gown and laid over the towel and waited.

Mom never said a word. I never looked up. When she was ready, I felt my cheeks getting seperated and the nozzle went in. Two bulbsful and then she left without saying a word.

Author:
Rebecca
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010, 10:42: am

The enemas that I knew I was going to get made me anxious since I did not understand them - why an enema?! I did not like it when mom came into the bathroom with the enema bag as I sat on the toilet. It was the same if I saw the enema bag on the bathroom counter top. When mom said she was going to give me an enema I still think about the feelings I had.

[> [> Subject: Re: " We are going to have to give you an enema "

Author:
spauline
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011, 08:32: pm

As a child when I was about to be given an enema I was called into the bathroom and told to take off my pj bottoms. The soapy water & bulb was ready. I was never able to express my opinion. Nor was I ever given a reason.

Once in a while I would try a mild protest, but soon found myself over my mom's lap, my buttocks held spread apart, cool lubricant applied dead center on my anus, then the repeated insertions of the warm, wet nozzle. At first I focussed on the warm sensation until it built into pressure. Then the waiting with my buttocks held together. At last release. And I was free to go.

Author:
Alison
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 06:01: pm

I had bouts of constipation growing up and was used to hearing I was going to be given an enema. My aunt was a nurse and gave me high enemas a few times with a colon tube. Mom would tell me that my aunt was coming over because we are going to give you an enema and I knew what it meant. In my early teens I started to enjoy enemas and the high enemas were exciting since the procedure was very different.

Author:
Diana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 10:08: pm

My first ever enema was in a hospital. I remember the nurse saying she would have to give me an enema . I got huge butterflies in my tummy watching her prepare it at the sink. It was a plastic bucket . She filled it to the brim , poured a packet of soap in it, and stirred it with a tongue depressor until it was white and sudzy . I remember it cramped , but it sure cleaned me out. A second one followed about 30 min later.

Author:
Phyllis S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011, 09:51: am

As a single mother I learned that using a tube, in this case a Foley, made administering enemas to my son much less tramatic. I would begin his enema with him on his side with the tip of the tube inserted a few inches. After about a cup of solution had run in I would start to work more of the tube into his rectum. I'd then close the clamp and have him roll onto his back. The clamp would be opened again and while the solution flowed I would massage his belly. This method prevented those frantic pleas of "take it out, I can't hold it!" because the water wasn't immediately pooling in his lower rectum. The massage distributed the water and produced better results so he would not need a follow-up enema.

Author:
janet s
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 07:05: pm

From time to time I still hear these words from my mother. I am in my late 30's but still get enemas from my mother due to severe constipation caused by medications. When my mother says its time for an enema (she really means enemas) I know that I will be filled up in short order.

Janet S

Author:
Bunny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 09:28: am

On Monday night I went to visit my neighbor in the hospital. She had surgery and because she is 100lbs overweight they decided to keep her. While there a nurse rolled a cart in and told her roomie that she was going to prep her which included a shave, a couple of shots and an enema. She closed the curtain between the beds and asked the husband to leave and the wife said she wanted him to stay which he did. As things progressed she explained that the enema was a pre-packaged saline enema and she had heated it the microwave for comfort. In the processe of starting the enema we heard "oh good I see that you are already shaved I hate doing that", to which my neighbor and both laughed. Her husband left after the enema and she got 4 more that night and left the curtain open so they could talk while she got them.

If I ever have to go to the hospital a private room is a must.

Author:
Courtney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 11:02: am

Inclusion of the two words "have to" in the above statement almost sounds apologetic. Same as saying "we know you're not going to like this but we have to follow orders and give you an enema". For a patient getting their first enema and who might not even know what an enema is, this sets the stage for a bad experience. I wish all nurses would take a little more time to explain to patients what's being done, why it's necessary and what to expect.

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 12:00: am

In 1984 I was injured critically in an accident and, to make a long story short, was given enemas for the first time by a home care nurse. I was truly blessed. Courtney wishes "all nurses would take a little more time to explain to patients what's being done, why it's necessary and what to expect." I agree. She should have liked Angie as her nurse.

At 23, Angie was just a year older than I. She had been a registered nurse for only a year when she headed my care team at home for about six weeks after I had been in the hospital for a month.

The first time she gave me an enema, she explained the whole procedure and even taught me some tricks to relaxing and envisioning a favorite scene to help me retain the enema for a longer time. I was lucky in that Angie favored giving warm water and baking soda enemas because I was bloated. She could have given me Fleets as directed, which would take much less time, but they would not have helped me nearly as much. Plus, the warm water enemas felt so good.

Would you believe she also took time to include my husband (after asking me first) at my bedside so he understood how to take vital signs, help me with exercises, even give me an enema if I needed it.

Angie and I became very close friends. She even asked me to be in her wedding. She was killed by a drunk driver in 2000. I still remember Angie with great fondness.

Author:
jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010, 12:36: pm

I didn't get enemas much but when ten my aunt visiting us talked with mom about my not going from the m.o.m. Were going to have to give her an enema my aunt said. I didn't like enemas and hih in the closet. when found I got the enema from mom and becouse i hid a second one from my aunt. the second one was bigger and hurta lot. next time don't hid your going to get in any way so co-operate. I did from then on, and enemas became more frequent.I still cry a little when my aunt does it. I'm seventeen now and enjoy it from mom but not my aunt

Author:
Martha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 02:50: pm

When I was a nurse in the 60's, I said those words many times. Fleet enemas were not used then so I used an enema bag. At that time all women were shaved and given the good old HHH enema before delivery.Many said that taking that enema was the worst part of the process. Husbands were not allowed in the room during the prep. One husband told me that it was good his wife was getting the enema since she hadn't had a BM in three days. I think everyone gets those butterflies when told an enema is going to be given.

Author:
Mary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:36: pm

I remember those HHH enemas vividly. They were brutal. With my first pregnancy, my friends warned me about how bad it was. I was 21 at the time and though I'd had many enemas growing up, I was not prepared for the sight of a 3 quart bag! At some point, I told the nurse I couldn't take it all. She said "OH yes you can, dear-and you will."

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 11:14: am

I used this variation recently with hubby: "If you're not feeling better before bed, I'll give you an enema."

Author:
Phyllis S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 04:49: pm

Joan
HHH is old slang for a large cleansing enema.
Hot
High
Hellva'lot

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 06:22: pm

I've never been a threatening mom when it came to recommending enemas to my two daughters or husband. When I was certain what they needed was a good enema, I probably sounded like a "used car salesman," but I never threatened a spanking or any punishment. I think my best line with my girls was, "An enema will fix you up..you'll feel much better." My oldest was usually agreeable. She knew I wouldn't suggest an enema unless I thought it was the best thing for her. Anyway, it wasn't often that she needed anything like that. My youngest disliked enemas, so don't think I ever gave her more than a couple that I remember.

Author:
Victoria
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012, 11:20: am

If I was home sick for a few days mom would say she thought it was time for me to have an enema. I never understood why but I recall enemas were given when I was sick. One time my Aunt came over to watch when mom when out to do do shopping. We were watching TV and my Aunt asked me if I was feeling better and said I was going to be given an enema when mom came back from the store. I was surprised to hear that but it happened. As a mom I also gave my kids an enema if they were sick for several days.

Author:
Bunny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 12:08: pm

Victoria I totlly agree with you that an enema even today is a positive step towards ending an illness, for both a child and an adult. Like you I learned this from my mom early on as a child.

However unlike you and your mom, neither my mom or me waited several days for enema treatment. A fever along with other systems resulted in an immediate enema followed by additional enemas at least every four hours depending on the fever. This continued for at least the first day or until the fever broke.

I followed the same procedure for myself and my hubby. The results were well worth it. Even today my daughters, 15 & 13, will either take or ask for an enema when sick. Don't wait, the sooner you do enema treatment the sooner the sick person will feel better.

The days of enema use as a cure all should still be with us now.

Author:
Marla
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:51: pm

I usually say "You are going to take an enema now." Enemas are not an unusual occurance in our home. Both my husband and I were used to receiving them when we were growing up and believe they are a natural way to promote good health. We practice regular cleansing enemas and also coffee enemas. Our children take enemas when we feel they need them. They know we practice what we preach and while they don't like knowing it's enema time, we don't get much resistance. There are many postings here that state that enemas are no longer popular. However, from the number of sites selling syringes and bulbs, I believe that it not the case.I think the difference is that enemas are no longer discussed openly, enema bags are not visable in bahhrooms and we don't see people buying enemas in stores. While my grandmother kept her bag hanging in the bathroom, my mother didn't but enemas were often discussed.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.