www.WomensEnemaForum.com
www.WomensEnemaAndDoucheForum.com

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]
Subject: What type of soap to use in my enema?

Author:
Nichole
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 12:49: pm

I have read so many posts about using soap in an enema I am going to try it. Up to now I only used plain warm water or with some table salt. It seems quite a few say to use Castile soap but in looking at Walgreens on line they show many variations. Most are liquid and come in different sents or contents, such as coconut or lavender. Will one be safer or more effective than another? My girlfriend said she tried Ivory but it seemed to irriate to much.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: What type of soap to use in my enema?

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 07:57: pm

Conti Castile (with olive oil) was recommended by the nurse in my gyno's office. I've tried it and like it a lot. Ivory should not irritate if you don't use too much. Just a few swishes so the water is milky. If you let it dissolve too much, it'll irritate.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 10:43: pm

When I use soap, I use Dr. Bronners castile soap. I have almond scent now but prefer the un-scented. I get it at a local health food store. Neutrogena un-scented works well too. I do not like Ivory.

Author:
Sesame
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011, 06:48: pm

Ivory no longer makes the pure liquid soap that many of us used in the past. The Ivory Liquid is more of detergent with some very harsh ingredients. I would stay away from that.

Castile, though somewhat harder to find, works great, too. But I do prefer the old Ivory.

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 12:24: pm

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint scented Pure Castille soap is my favorite for taking a soap suds enema. It is even available at Walgreens drug stores. However, one word of caution. Don't use more than one tablespoon of the soap in two quarts of warm water. One tablespoon in the warm water will result in a solution that is plenty strong to get good results. Any stronger solution ruins the enjoyment and results of the enema by causing very strong and immediate urges preventing the ability to take the entire two quarts.

Author:
Phyllis S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011, 11:44: am

A half of tablespoon of Dr Bronner's works just fine in my enemas. I enjoy the peppermint, it doesn't make much suds when mixed. I keep an old half tablespoon measure on a bit of string around the neck of the bottle for easy preparation. That's about 30 enemas per eight ounce bottle. In this household, that lasts five months

[> [> Subject: Re: What type of soap to use in my enema?

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 04:22: pm

Dr. Bronners liquid Castile baby soap, 1/2 teaspoon per quart of enema, added after water is in.

If using an open top bag or can it is gently stirred in.

If in a closed top combo bag, sealable clear plastic 1,500-ml bag of the type used in hospitals or a capped 2.5 to 3-liter EZEM bag, the bag is sealed and then turned over twice to mix in the soap.

It doesn’t take much soap for a good cleansing enema and severe cramping is avoided so that a full enema can be given/taken and allowed to do its work.

Marlene

Author:
Corrie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 09:32: pm

My Mom's a nurse and used to keep little packets of liquid Castile soap in the bathroom cabinet, along with her enema bag. I haven't looked lately when visiting back home, but I'll bet she still uses them.

Author:
kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 06:38: pm

I tink the best soap is Dr Bonner's castile soap. The normal one that doesn't add lavendor or Peppermint because the regular has glycerine in it and the others don't.
I get a better clean out with the regular.

Author:
Susan L
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 08:01: am

My colon therapist now uses peppermint oil and sea salt for my enemas. It works great and smells lovely (peppermint)
Have to wash latex/rubber equipment since any oils attack the material.

[> [> Subject: Re: What type of soap to use in my enema? (To Susan)

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:01: am

Hi, Susan...Your therapist also gives you enemas? How does this work with your colonic treatment? Can you please tell us more? Thank you.

Author:
Susan L
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 11:29: am

My therapist will give any combinations of enemas and or colonics. I started out by asking her if i could have an enema before the colonic, since my first Therapist in FL insisted that you cleaned out the sigmoid before the colonic was given. She said it was to insure when the colonic was given it had a better chance to clean deeper and flush more water tru the system. And, I swear it works better. Otherwise you spend the first 1/2 hour just cleaning the sigmoid. Never really getting a deep cleanse.

So my new therapist agreed. Then I brought in an article that showed high enemas with a colon tube actually reached right to the cecum for an even better cleanse. Well she tried it, I liked it and she seem to agree that it was a better approach for me. I understand that more of her clients now get enema sessions instead of colonics. I go to her about every 3 months. I love having someone else give so I can relax through it all.

Author:
Dana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011, 08:31: am

From what I see on the Internet, more and more colon hydrotherapists are endorsing a prep enema at home before coming in for a colonic, for the reasons Susan L gave.
As for increased interest for an enema series, my impression is that younger people have read about how good enemas are but don't have the experience from childhood that we "seniors" had.
As for the soap question: Bronner's castile, goat milk soap and Ivory (for traditionalists).

Author:
Nichole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011, 07:29: am

Just to let everyday know what soap I chose, it was Dr. Bronners Peppermint bar Castile soap. After being constipated for three days last week I went to Walgreens and bought that wonderful product. I filled my bathroom sink with very warm water and swished the bar for several minutes. I took a three quart enema with great results. No cramping, a lot of results and no severe after effects. I highly recommend this product. I looked at the liquid version of this soap but it was $15 for a quart. Not knowing if I would like it, I started with the bar. Has anybody tried or compared the two?

Author:
Colleen Connachan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 12:59: pm

I use Castile soap in my enema

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014, 07:04: am

Ivory bar soap.
In a shaker bottle at least one day before. Better to keep it around. Shake it well at least twice. Once when you set it up, and again right before you use it. If you can do it in between, that's even better.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.