Welcome to the original Women's Enema and Douche Message Board.

Go To http://www.voy.com/58940/

Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456 ]
Subject: enema come back

Author:
Joan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012, 03:09: pm

I have read and heard that enemas are slowly coming back into popularity. Whether they are used for health reasons or for pleasure. Has anyone else noted this trend?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: enema come back

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 12:21: pm

Judging from the number of enema-related sites on the Internet, there still must be a lot of interest. And it does appear to be growing. I don't think it's just pleasure. Colon therapy and coffee enemas are more mainstream these days.

I go in for a colonic about twice a year. My therapist, who also is a registered nurse, says her business is growing steadily. Many of her clients are professional women.

Coffee enemas, once thought of as quackery for cancer treatments, are becoming more popular. And more of us--women in particular--are doing occasional juice fasting, during which enemas are suggested.

Enema bags are largely gone from pharmacies, replaced by the Fleets, but they're very easily obtained now online. I can't imagine there would be so many websites if they weren't selling.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Marlene
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 11:37: am

I am a buyer for a large chain of stores. Although enemas are not the products that I'm responsible for, I do have opportunity to review the wholesale purchasing of all products, and Klismo that I am, I do occasionally review purchasing inventories for the health and beauty products.

Over the last five and a half years, starting in 2007, there have been substantial increases, year to year, of purchases of Fleet enemas and our in-house brands (CM’s). Also combination hot water bottle-douche-enema sets.

At the rate of increase I'm seeing for the combo sets I'm inclined to believe that, as an economy measure in these austere times, they are being purchased for giving enemas in lieu of CM’s even though the CM's are relatively inexpensive, a soapsuds, saline or baking soda enema, especially if needed somewhat regularly, costs almost nothing once the bag is acquired.

Also, there is a very good possibility that as more bag enemas are being given more recipients are discovering the “additional benefits” that type of enema can provide, like most of us here have discovered.

Hugs,

Marlene

Author:
SusanL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 07:53: pm

Maybe the increase is due to all the prescriptions with constipation as a side effect. Pick up your prescription and throw in the enema bag please!!!

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 08:20: am

I travel for my job and spend many nights in hotel rooms with female co-workers, and am finding that more of those in their 20s have either had enemas or are willing to try one, so I also wondered if enemas are making a comeback?

Enemas have always been used routinely in our home so both my kids, are used to getting them. My 19 yr old daughter said that a few of her gfs decided to try them since they are not interested in putting all the chemicals in laxatives into their bodies but girls older than them use, and feel an enema is a more natural treatment than laxatives.

Im not here that often so I also included my email address for any replies, but will try to return since Im curious how others experiences with this

[> [> Subject: Re: enema come back

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:00: pm

I think enemas have a long way to go before they become as common as when my mom was growing up in the 1940s and '50s. However, I also think combo bags and fountain syringes are more popular now than a few years ago. Just take a trip around the internet. There's more credibility given now to alternative medicine and age-old remedies -- and enemas seem to be as old as time.

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 04:04: pm

I agree that enemas have a long way to go before they are as common as years ago. Im 43 and have 2 sisters - our parents were from the generation that grew up during the days that they and mostly all their friends got enemas for any reason at all. We continued the enemas in our own families but understand that not as many use them today as years ago, but as someone told me a while ago, if people were not buying enema things online, there wouldnt be as many places selling them. Seems like there are enema bags in more homes than most people thing, but its not something people talk about openly today.

Author:
Sarah's daughter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012, 05:47: pm

In my family enemas have always been used. Hearing about my enema use some girls replaced oral laxatives by the enema can, some girls started taking period enemas.
Enemaed hugs
Little Helen

[> [> [> Subject: Re: enema come back

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012, 06:34: pm

I have a few gfs who, after understanding why we use enemas and not laxatives, and also being here a few times when the enemas are given, have also decided to move away from laxatives and give enemas instead.
Ellie

Author:
Hannah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 03:02: pm

I believe enemas are making a comeback for many reasons. People have become increasingly more health conscious and much more in to natural/homopathic/holistic alternatives. While there are countless ads on TV for fiber, laxatives, probiotic yougerts, an enema is both economical and fast-acting and has no side effects. I have always believed in enemas. Why should anyone suffer from constipation waiting for these long-acting "cures" to take effect when a good, 2 qt enema will take care of things quickly? While Fleet enemas are extremely popular, they cannot clean out the colon the same way a large volumne enema does.

Author:
Sesame
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 11:09: am

Oh, how I wish it were so. But judging by the almost non-existant selections of enema equipment available in the stores, I'd say enemas are nearly dead, except for those of us who grew up with them and still have some of the old equipment.

When I worked in a drug store and discount store pharmacy in the 70s through the 90s, there was a wide selection of bags, bulbs, combos, folding, fountain, etc. syringes. Now days, you are lucky to find even one trash-made combo syringe in the drug stores. The discount stores have all but stopped selling them.

But if Fleets count for anything (not much with me) I guess you say that this modern type of enema is increasing.

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 07:20: am

A brand new CVS drug store opened in our town Sun.It has hot water bottles,combo enema bags and bulb syringes.The come back has started!!!!!

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 01:04: pm

What has happened to fountain syringes (open top enema bags)? My favorite.

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 04:52: pm

I agree with Janet about the open-top bags, but probably some exec said they could create more sales since an open top only has two application (enema, douche) but a closed bag has three (enema, douche, hot water bottle)!
I think this answers the question of 'Why have enema/douche bags disappeared!

Karen, Where are you located? I'm curious of any particular part of the country is experiencing a slight return of enemas, and also the traditional method of douching?
Ellie

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: enema come back

Author:
Karen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 07:07: am

ELLIE--New Jersey

Author:
kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 01:57: am

The CVS in my town of 10 thousand carries the closed combo bag and bulb enema syringes for both adults and children.

Author:
Dana
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 09:35: am

I think the Internet with boards like this has helped a lot to bring the enema out of the closet, both figuratively and actually where equipment may have been stored away unused for years.

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 09:00: pm

Interesting theory about "out of the closet!" :-)

We live near the east coast but I travel for my job so am all over the country regularly, and nothing official or scientific, but it seems like stores on the weat coast have more enema bags in their shelves than those on the east coast.
Anyone agree? disagree?

Author:
pg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 12:21: am

C.B. Fleet who has made literally a fortune in the enema business is now marketing Fleet Natural (basically a small volume normal saline enema) that they now advertise as "safe for daily use." Apparently their marketing research has shown that many people use enemas on a very regular basis.

Author:
Sesame
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012, 04:17: pm

I looked in our local CVS just this morning. All they had was a water bottle, but no combos or bulbs. I looks around and the only thing enema related was a big selection of Fleet and off brand enemas. I don't consider those a real enema.

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012, 12:07: pm

You'll still likely find enema bags and related items in medical/hospital supply specialty stores, especially in a major city. Check online or in the yellow pages. There's one near where I live that carries fountain syringes and combo sets and the disposable bags and buckets you see in hospitals. We have a large nurses registry and a visiting nurse service here, which I assume provide a lot of business. And if they don't have an item in stock, they'll order it.

You don't need to be embarrassed in stores like this. The staff has heard everything. I've bought disposable enema bag sets that I take on business trips, even a new rectal tube for home (they had to order this). The clerk asked if I was comfortable in knowing how to use it -- surprisingly knowledgeable about such matters.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.