VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Subject: Bad Hospital Enemas

Author:
Mandy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009, 08:30: pm

I have had three children, my last being born in 1985. With all three I have had enemas. With the first two they were large volume soap water enemas, and with last was a Fleets enema.
With my first child the nurse assisted me into a hospital gown, and gave me a vaginal exam and said that I am in full labor. She left for a few minutes, and when she returned, she shaved me. She then placed me on a pad, and turned me on my side, and explained that she would be back in a few minutes. I heard water running in the bathroom, and she returned. She told me to look at the wall and take a deep breath. I felt something enter my rectum. She told me to take deep long breaths while she administered the enema. I was alarmed, and told her I do not want the enema. At that point the clamp was released and I was being flooded with very warm water. I was cramping bad, and the nurse told me that is was the soap doing the cramping, but we have to get you cleaned out. I looked up and the bag was being drained very rapidly, and I was squeezing my cheeks to keep it in. Finally she had finished
giving me the enema, and paced a bedpan under me. She stayed right with me until it had all been expelled.
Before I was released from the hospital, she enemaed me again.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Bad Hospital Enemas

Author:
Lola
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009, 10:21: pm

My experience with my first child was similar. Around 6 am we arrived at the hospital, my parents were along - this was their first grandchild, everyone awaited the day with anticipation. Little did I know what was in store for me. We get up to the third floor - labor and delivery. We checked in at the nurses station and were accompanied to a birthing suite by an attractive blonde nurse in a classic nurse whites. Bed on one end of the room and a sink and bathroom on the other. The nurse handed me a hospital gown and sent me to the tiny bathroom to change telling me to take everything off, including my panties. The doctor had done a rough internal exam the day before and I was bleeding, all I could think about was staining the sheets, unaware what was about to happen. Next came the IV. I hate needles, most people do I guess, so I was very scared. I had never had an IV before so I didn't know what to expect. She got it in on the first try and told my husband to go down stairs to the reception area and fill out paperwork. Off he went oblivious what she had planned. She then proceeded to fill out paperwork asking several questions, one of which was when was the last time I ate anything. We had one last fling before parenthood the night before. We went out to eat and had a huge dinner of Indian cuisine. Then she also left the room. A few minutes later she returned and went over to the sink where she started filling up a clear greenish colored rectangular bucket with water. She then added a packet of soap, stirred the concoction and returned to the side of the bed. She placed the bucket on the bedside table and said, "have you ever had an enema before?" Oh my God! I thought, what if my husband walks in, I will never hear the end of this, I couldn't believe we had forgotten this from birthing class. That teacher said it would be a small enema - this didn't look small to me - a bucket full of water going into my ass? NO! I was terrified that my husband would walk in on the procedure and lose it! I could just see that happening! "Well, she said, it won't hurt. When I finish you can get up and run to the bathroom - you'd be surprised how fast some of these pregnant women run!" She then grabbed a packet of KY jelly and proceeded to lube the tip of the tubing coming off the bucket. She then asked me to roll over on my left side, which I did. She lifted up my right butt cheek and said, "are you ready", I didn't know what to say so I said "yes, go ahead." She then stuck the slender tube all greased up in my rectum and released the clamp. Water began to flow - and flow and flow. She kept her hand on my butt holding in the tube with the other. Then there was dead silence It seemed like it took forever for all of that water to go in. I was in sheer panic, afraid my husband would walk in and see this. Finally, it was finished. I was so pregnant and full of water that I was afraid to get up in fear that I would explode so the nurse had to help me to my feet. I ran to the bathroom, IV pole in hand and sat there - and sat there... and sat there... I heard the door open and my husband out in the room. He was laughing - he knew! How could he? I finished up and cleaned myself up in fear that the nurse or doctor would see something I had not cleaned well enough. My husband said he was walking past the nurses station and heard them talking about me being "on the toilet with her enema." The rest of the day is not as exciting to most - a 9 lb. baby was delivered later that evening!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Bad Hospital Enemas

Author:
Mandy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009, 11:43: am

Yes the nurses are extreme with giving the large soapy enemas. We are in labor having contractions, and they are pumping us full of soapy water to flush out our bowels.
How do you think the OB would feel being pumped full of soapy water.

[> Subject: Re: Bad Hospital Enemas

Author:
Catherine A.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 10:14: pm

My intro to enemas was in the hospital, but I wasn't having a baby. I was severely injured in an accident at age 22. I underwent three surgeries during a month in the hospital. Prior to one of the surgeries, a nurse awakened me at 6am and squeezed a Fleet enema into my bottom and rolled me on a bedpan. It was awkward and painful. I hoped never to get another enema again!!

However, after I was allowed to go home after a month, I had home nursing for a few weeks. The visiting nurse talked me into a warm water enema (she disliked Fleets) and it was soooo comfortable. Obviously, this changed my feeling about enemas. This was 25 years ago.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.