VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, January 21 2011, 20:11:09
Author: 91
Subject: Re: Hopeful Sign
In reply to: gbm 's message, "Re: Hopeful Sign" on Fri, January 21 2011, 18:58:51

I've got season tickets but don't really have $250 right now to get sidecourt tickets. I'm guessing season ticket holders will have a chance to reserve tickets closer to next season. I really don't care where I sit...but the drawings and the web cam make it seem like the first few rows of the upper level will be roughly the same distance/view as the balcony at Texas Hall, so even upper-level seats might be some of the best seats in the new building.

Lamar looked really good the other night--we didn't shoot the ball very well, the 3 has been inconsistent all season. We're still having a tough time on the boards at times and making some turnovers. The Cardinals passed the ball very well, rebounded well, and are a pretty big team. I'd have to think they'll be a top 3 or 4 seed in our tourney. Very impressed.

But the other night against TAMU-CC (they are in a rebuilding mode this year, kinda like us) we played a very good second half. Cameron Catlett is the key to our offense...he and Shaquille were dribbling into the paint off a ball screen at the top of the key, then creating an open shot for somebody once they got into the paint--with some nice two-man offense with our point-guards/centers, our guards finding an outside shooter, or just using Cameron's amazing speed to get an easy layup. Being patient and looking for the inside shot also got us to the line a bunch (important since we're such a good free-throw shooting team). I don't know the exact percentage now, but Brandon Edwards' FT percentage was over 80% earlier this season. He rarely misses. I think he's a real star in the making over the next year or two--very similar to Anthony Vereen I think. He grabs rebounds, has a good offensive game, blocks shots, and really plays hard for the 25 or 30 minutes he's out there.

Sam Houston lost to Texas State the other night, and Nicholls lost too. I really think anyone could win the league this year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.