VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, January 11 2005, 17:44:03
Author: uta alum
Subject: Baseball Rankings | NCBWA

Teams We Play

Texas A&M #18
Oklahoma #30
Lamar #33
Okla St. #34

UTA, TCU and Dallas Baptist all received votes.

I heard on ESPN radio today that Buck Showalter is making a speech at TCU to congratulate them on a #21 ranking in some other pre-season poll. But I don't know where that's coming from or why anyone expects anything out of them. I also noticed that Conf USA had a lot of teams that people expected big out of. weird.

On another site UTA ranks #33 in non-conference play, but because we've choked in the conference tournament and played inconsistently throughout the year against conference teams, we're only ranked #51 in our conference play with strength of schedule factored.

Which all basically says exactly what we saw last year. Hunter Pence was a big factor. With him injured last year, we lost our rhythm and some games. This year is different. We have a lot of new guys, which means more inconsistent play. But I don't think TCU needs to get all excited about baseball yet. We beat them a few times in their own house. This year we play them at home and I think it'll be a stompin' party. But we may struggle still in conference and down the road when pressure mounts of classwork and tournament excitement. I wish we had some kind of updates on the UTA website about how each player did in fall ball or where they played over the summer so we could have some comparable notes on all these rookies.

Here are some predictions for Big Games this year -

vs.
Dallas Baptist - L (5-4)
Arkansas - W (4-3)
Baylor - W (5-2)
Kansas St - W (7-5)
Arkansas St - L (9-2)
Arkansas St - W (7-3)
Texas - L (10-1)
Texas Tech - L (7-5)
Oklahoma - L (5-4)
Texas A&M - L (6-5)
Illinois Series- W (2-1)
Lamar Series - W (2-1)
Texas Tech - W (5-4)
TCU - W (8-2)
Texas St Series- L (2-1)
Baylor - W (6-3)
Oklahoma - W (3-2)
Baylor - W (7-6)
TCU - W (3-0)

10-8 in the big games. And with all the big games we play this year our rankings should be much higher than last year. All numbers and scores are apparently random. I wish OSU was coming back to play us. It seems like Texas Tech will be a big game. There will be a lot of Red in the stadium, we'll really need to show up in num bers for that one. When will Texas have the stones to anty-up in our ball park? Can TCU ever beat UTA? How big will it be(impact) when UTA beats Tech? Will Lamar lives up to the awesome level of play they've successfully built up over the last few years? By season's end, will the Southland get respect? There are 27 marquee games this year. It could be the toughest schedule we've ever played with a rookie squad and one of the greatest pitchers this school has ever seen. If offense comes through, and I think they will, then this will definitely be a year to remember. Squish a frog.

Our athletics website can start a poll now - Who will be Baseball's Breakout Freshman Player?

Jeremiah Haar
Brock Wilson
David McLeod
Dillon Gee
Brian Hahn
Kaelan Jones
Jonathan Gutierrez
Chris Sharp
Austin Bridges

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.