VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, March 01 2005, 15:00:40
Author: Bearkat06
Subject: Re: What are the playoff scenarios for men's hoops
In reply to: 91 's message, "What are the playoff scenarios for men's hoops" on Tue, March 01 2005, 14:07:04

Hey 91, this is "Dancin' in '05" from the Sam Houston board.

I'm not going to pretend to know what all the different scenarios are, but I do know that UTA does not have to win out in order to make it. Of course, they would need some help.

The simplest scenario in which UTA makes it in at 7-9 is if SFA loses its last two games. SFA would miss the tournament at 6-10.

UTA also makes it if they end up in a two-way tie with SFA because they have a superior record versus the top three teams in the conference. (In this case, "superior" is 0-1 instead of 0-2). Thus, regardless of which of the three wins the conference, UTA will win the tiebreaker over SFA. For this reason, UTA can guarantee itself a tournament spot by winning out. In fact, UTA can lose out and still make it in if -- and only if -- SFA also loses its last two games.

UTA would also get in if there's a three-way tie with SFA and McNeese. McNeese would lose out.

If there's a three-way tie between UTA, SFA, and Texas State, UTA gets in only if they beat Texas State.

In a four-way tie between all the teams I've mentioned, Texas State would lose out even if they beat UTA.

So those are some ways UTA can lose a game and still get in.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.