VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, April 02 2005, 6:51:00
Author: 91
Subject: Re: Special Events Center Announcement
In reply to: Duck 's message, "Re: Special Events Center Announcement" on Fri, April 01 2005, 9:50:07

but if I understand it right, $2 of the fee goes to the arena and I guess the other $4 would go to the activities building upgrade, which nearly every student will use at some point in their UTA career. I think that's a pretty easy sell.

Football, while being a great cause for a relatively few wealthy alums to give their hard-earned money to and a couple of thousand students that might attend games...we should look the number/benefit component of issue.

The actual percentage of students (especially since the number of students living on-campus is growing each semester is seems) that will step foot inside the arena for a game/concert, etc. or use the activities building on a fairly regular basis is MUCH higher. You put a nice activities building on campus and it will lead to more people wanting to live on campus. It's a big selling point.

So, in my opinon this fee is such an easy sell.

Saying "for this fee, you'll a great new arena to see hoop/volleyball/concerts/graduations. And that's nice for the occasional special event you might attend." Which is nice.

"But also imagine at the end of a long day of classes...you'll have a first-class place to go jogging, improve your jump shot or join your friends (or meet new ones) in a pickup game of hoop, play some volleyball, lift some weights, play a game of racquetball, take a cardio aerobics class, learn karate or another hobby, or just relax with friends or classmates in a beautiful setting almost any time of day. All for just a few dollars per class".

That's an easy sell. More students can relate to that. I wasn't a huge athlete, but even I played in an intramural volleyball league, racquetball tournament and found the activities building a great place to study and meet friends between/after class.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.