VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, April 03 2005, 20:12:16
Author: 91
Subject: Re: Special Events Center Announcement
In reply to: duck 's message, "Re: Special Events Center Announcement" on Sun, April 03 2005, 10:01:06

Thanks Duck...being a father for the first time is an amazing experience. Words cannot describe how I feel right now.

I'm hoping that student passage of a new fee isn't a deal maker/breaker for the new project. I wouldn't stake a $38 million project on how just a few students that bother to vote in some student council elections most folks could care less about, ya know? Surely this is just icing on the cake financially so less up-front money has to be raised/financed intially.

On the new fees for the SEC/activities building, maybe I wasn't clear.

I'm not trying to bring up the football/basketball arguement again. Your passion for bringing back football is much stronger than mine. While I'm totally indifferent on the subject for many reasons (not the least of which is because I simply like baseball and basketball much more than football), it's a priority for you to see it come back. And I respect that. And I've always said I'd never do anything to diminish the enthusiasm of the football backers in our midst. I hope it does come back...it would be cool to take my kid to games, just as my dad did with me.

But I think what I meant is that no matter how many folks will step foot inside the new special events center (big number or small number), I think a larger percentage of students will see tangible, quantitative value in the new activities center.

Nearly every student will take PE or play a sport/participate in an activity/class at some point in their careers at UTA. Let's say 85%.

If UTA was to draw even 10,000 fans a game, maybe half of those would be students? Or over 4 years, I could say that maybe 20-50% of students saw at least one football game (20,000 students, maybe half of them might see a game over the course of their career?).

I'm just looking at percentages. That's all.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.