VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, April 07 2005, 15:40:53
Author: UTA_alum
Subject: Re: Cost vs Benefits
In reply to: 91 's message, "Re: Cost vs Benefits" on Thu, April 07 2005, 10:21:04

The campus is growing. A university is like a busienss in nearly every aspect. If you're not growing, you're dying. Business has to grow every day because whether you're public or not, somebody always has a vested interest. You're not going to keep supporters if you do not continue to grow every day. I support the fee. I support extend the campus reach further into downtown. I support replacing some older, unsightly, unkempt housing and other buildings being torn down for the sake of higher education.

People say sports doesn't fund education, but it does. Playing college sports teaches you something about yourself about compromise, about hard work and the likes everyday. There is a lot of education playing sports. And for those who don't, there is a lot to learn from those who do.

Anything that brings this school, this campus and these students closers to feeling "at home" on campus and spending their money locally instead of outside Arlington is a good idea. Anything like an arena to give downtown Arlington the much needed facelift to restore it's sagging remains is welcome and should be supported.

mwr

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.