VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, January 18 2006, 18:36:48
Author: Duck
Subject: "What's a Maverick?"

I finally sent them a note. I hope all of you will go to the whatisamaverick site and send them a response to the question.

"Hello -

As an alumnus from the class of '71, I'm excited about the branding project and hope it will be a terrific success. Having read with interest all the statements about what a Maverick is, I wanted to assert one thing that a Maverick is not. A UTA Maverick is not a lesser "Longhorn" or a member of an inferior class of UT students.

It causes me a bit of concern to see the color orange on your web page. I hope it is only there for purposes of showing energy and contrast. In no way should orange ever be construed as a school color of UT Arlington. Our colors are Royal Blue, White, and trace amounts of Red trim. Adding orange or even changing the trim color to orange would be taken by many of us to be an insult. In my opinion, burnt orange is not appropriate for Arlington any more than Cal Berkeley's colors would suit UCLA.

Out of high school, I was accepted at five universities, including OU and Texas. I chose to attend UTA and have never regretted it.

Color me Blue.

(signed)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.