VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, December 15 2004, 21:45:56
Author: giantbenmav
Subject: I will give them an C for the 1st 1/2 and an A+ for the second. B+ OVERALL
In reply to: 91 's message, "85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade" on Wed, December 15 2004, 21:41:35

At times we looked like a team that featured a bunch of freshmen.......a lot of missed opportunities with the ball just not falling....I was suprised at the poor outside shooting.....

I would really like another crack at the first half.....in case you missed the game you basically saw two differernt UTA teams tonight...first 1/2 nothing but turnovers, missed layups and poor rebounding......

second half, very very very aggressive play.....100000% better on the boards, smarter ball........UTA won the second 1/2 half by 8 points......and boys and girls this was not UT's scrubs we were playing...Barnes was forced to leave his starters in for the game because we just did not go away in the second half.....

Jarrett Howell was playing out of his mind tonight......great penetration......

Brady had a brilliant passing night, poor shooting; but the announcers at one point called him one of the best point guards in Texas.......

Tonights announcers had a LOT of good things to say about UTA.....mostly talking about how good our freshmen were, and how good Brady and Jarrett are......

Brady - 7pts 8 assists
Jarrett - 24pts
S Thomas - 12pts 7 rbds
Griffin - 10pts
Posey - 9pts

What got us tonight was their MASSIVE advantage in terms of size.....for most rebounds they did not even have to leave the floor.....but Posey and THomas had some serious hops tonight to get their boards....

I even like what I saw out of Neukomm tonight in the second half...he still looks lost with the ball on teh offensive side, but his defense was solid and he was good on the boards......

I got my wish, UTA was pretty competitive tonight.......the announcers complimented us countless times on how this team will be very good in the SLC......

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: 85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade -- Grump Dogg, Wed, December 15 2004, 21:48:49

• Re: 85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade -- UTA alum, Wed, December 15 2004, 22:19:21

• Re: 85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade -- 91, Thu, December 16 2004, 8:41:38

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.