VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, December 16 2004, 8:41:38
Author: 91
Subject: Re: 85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade
In reply to: Grump Dogg 's message, "Re: 85-70 Longhorns; I give UTA a "B" grade" on Wed, December 15 2004, 21:48:49

>Dawkins should have had at least 10 assists. I fell
>out of my chair when he threw the lob up for Griffin?
>to grab and dunk. If they had converted that I think
>it would have been heard on every SLC campus.

Not many SLC teams in any conference are bold enough to go in there and work some "showtime" on the Longhorns' home floor. That ball must have rattled in and out 3 or 4 times. That style of play is either really gutsy or more evidence of a confident attitude. The Mavs did not back down from anyone last night.

It's been mentioned in this thread but can't be stressed enough...Barnes wasn't allowed to empty his bench. Our gutsy effort might have been a bit of a wake-up call for the Longhorns. SLC better watch out.

And I'll ease up on Neukomm...he did alter a few shots and play some good defense. How many times did UT get it to the paint and not be able to convert. What did they say--20 or 30 points came off 2nd chances or UTA turnovers. In the halfcourt game, our defense actually matched up pretty well. And we didn't let the Horns get hot from outside.

It's still early in the season, but I think this may be a really fun season.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.