VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, February 10 2005, 9:17:51
Author: giantbenmav
Subject: Re: coach mccarter
In reply to: Duck 's message, "Re: coach mccarter" on Thu, February 10 2005, 8:22:23

The team was way too flat last night, and the substitution pattern was a little weird ..... I thought Baron did OK, nothing great but nothing really bad either ... Rodrick was making too many mistakes, and maybe he was hoping Baron would be able to help on the defensive / rebounding front, which his size and athleticism would make him more ideal for than Brady / Rodrick ......

I am more woried as to why the team was playing with so little emotion, they were putting very little effort into the game, especially on defense and rebounding .....

Kenneth Henderson probably played the best game of any Maverick and he sat for a large chunk of the first half, while Posey / Thomas were getting out sized for rebounds ....

YOU CANNOT play two 6'5 postmen and 3 other guys at 6'3 or taller when the team you are playing against have several guys on the floor who are bigger and stronger than you .... I did like it when he had Neukomm / Grififn and or Griffin / Thomas / Henderson on the floor at the same time, it helped nullify their size advantage .....

Lamar has good size and athleticism and I we should start Henderson at the 3 so he can guard Alan Daniels, so we have Griffin at the 5, Thomas at the 4, Henderson at the 3, Floyd at the 2 (he played well last night, mostly on defense and rebouding until he scored our final 9 points) and Jarrett at the point ....

Good defensive lineup, good size and athleticism, and a very good rebounding lineup .....

BUT honestly I think Coach McCarter needs to stay, it is hard to expect a lot out of such a young team, I mean we are not losing a single player this year to graduation, the pieces are in place and I think Coach McCarter is still the best man for the job....

however if I see this class of freshmen graduate without a NCAA appearance then it might be time to move on ....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.