VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, February 12 2005, 10:36:55
Author: Grump Dogg
Subject: Re: Ozier? Coach Fired? What! This is going to be long.
In reply to: Duck_Mav 's message, "Re: Ozier? Coach Fired? What! This is going to be long." on Fri, February 11 2005, 21:22:55

I agree with you Duck. The excuses is what is wrong with UTA athletics as a whole. People don't take our team seriously enough and are always preaching using the "If we had this or When we get this" sermons. The truth is, Texas Hall sucks as a basketball venue and hurts recruiting. But you know what, it is the card we were dealt for right now. The team is young and once they get past the learning curve I could see us having a Michigan-style Fab Five for the next couple of years. I really can see us playing more of a role in the Mid-Major conversations that get thrown around. Basketball is the most supported sport on campus even though they have not always been the most successfull. Hell, our baseball team has been kicking ass for years, but you don't see homecoming being celebrated out at the Gould. Our team will be okay and as soon as people realize it we wil be better off. I will put it out there now that not only will we make the conference tourney this year, I see us making it to the championship game. All this team is waiting for is for the light bulb to click on in these young guys' heads. The talent is there, now all we need is the confidence behind it.

>Good. More excuses to lose. Our team really needed
>that. In case you haven't noticed, the President
>recently made Coach McCarter's team the most important
>sports priority at UTA. So far that only amounts to
>lip service, but eventually we will have a new arena,
>even if a majority wanted something else first. Texas
>Hall is not ideal, but it is far from the worst venue
>in our conference and is more than large enough to
>hold our crowds.
>
>I know enough about basketball to see that an
>impressive arena has not brought decent teams to UNT.
>No wonder they are afraid to play us.
>
>I'm not ready to give up on this year's team, so
>enough with the excuses. See you all at the games.
>

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.