VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, September 28 2004, 14:09:30
Author: 91
Subject: Re: Doing my part
In reply to: UTA_alum 's message, "Re: Doing my part" on Tue, September 28 2004, 13:30:42

A lot of the arena exclusivity issue depends on how the contract is legally worded, and how strict the contract is to be enforced. A simple word or two could be the difference. Like Arlington can't "substantially fund" or "cannot be a part of the funding" or "no building shall built iwithin the city limits that might compete..." and even then anything almost can be taken in front of a judge for a ruling or interpretation.

If Arlington and the university wanted a special events center built bad enough, who's to say something couldn't be negotiated with the Cowboys? For the right money (or financial consideration on the stadium deal itself or reduced rent or part of the naming rights or maybe even letting the Cowboys sponsors have first opportunity to negotiate signage deals or promotional opportunities within the building itself) they might be willing to let Arlington build a facility provided that certain events are allowed to happen, but not others.

Like I said, a building like AAC with MUCH more revenue possibilities is a a much bigger threat financially (understandably) to the Cowboys than a college hoops/speaker facility. holding half of what AAC does. reen has played to big crowds, but wasn't that likely in assocation with the Houston Livestock Festival or one of the other big music events they do down there?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Doing my part -- GBM, Tue, September 28 2004, 14:12:27

• Re: Doing my part -- 91, Tue, September 28 2004, 14:15:41

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.