VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, September 28 2004, 14:12:27
Author: GBM
Subject: Re: Doing my part
In reply to: UTA_alum 's message, "Re: Doing my part" on Tue, September 28 2004, 13:30:42

of course it is possible, but I highly doubt that Jerry would go after the city for heling UTA build an arena.....heck it might be better that UTA builds it on its own and gets it on campus......

It is still very unlikely that the city would help UTA with anything involving football, but I do see your point in wanting to at least have that option...which is nice, but I just see it as an unlikely option.....If UTA football has a demand for 30-40K football games, who says we cannot play them at the stadium? Houston played Miami in Reliant Stadium and I would expect the same would be extended to us, TCU, SMU, and even UNT if they needed something bigger than what they already have.......that way Jerry keeps bigger stadiums from coming up and gets a few more games in his place.......

If the city helps with anything it will be the arena, because they will have a need to use it.....will Jerry let the city use the stadium for graduations? doubtful, then the city will have a need that cannot be met by JerryWorld, and think of the BAD pub the boys would get for going after a University wanting to build a basketball arena that will also help out the very city that gave him his sweet little deal....personally I doubt Jerry has the cajones to make that move.........

I still dont like this deal, but I doubt we would fall into the competition category.......

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.