VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, October 04 2004, 16:37:14
Author: UTA_alum
Subject: Re: Full Swing
In reply to: UTA_Alum 's message, "Full Swing" on Mon, October 04 2004, 16:31:19

By the way,

I read that Huner Pence is killing the ball and more...

"TROY-The Tri-City ValleyCats beat the Oneonta Tigers 3-2 thanks to a dramatic bottom of the ninth-inning RBI double by Francisco Caraballo that brought home James Cooper to break a 2-2 tie. The ValleyCats now have a day off before the first round of the New York-Penn. League playoffs start Monday against the Brooklyn Cyclones in Brooklyn.

In the second inning, a fight broke out between the ValleyCats and Tigers. Tigers starter Andrew Kown hit Hunter Pence with a fastball in the ribs. Pence and Kown exchanged words before Pence charged the mound. The benches cleared and coaches from both teams had to break up the players. When order was restored, Pence and Tigers catcher Justin Barnes were kicked out of the game."

oh. and i mentioned he's hitting the crap out of the ball right?

excerpt from an interview with valleyCats coach, Greg Langbehn:

"B: How about Hunter Pence? After struggling out of the gate, heís probably turned into the best hitter on this team. Is he everything you expected out of a second round draft pick? G: Yeah. All the reports are true. When he hits the ball he can do some damage to a fielder. Honestly, that was the report on him: he undresses infielders. Iím just thankful a couple of those line drives heís hit havenít hit a pitcher. Heís got great bat speed and great backspin on the baseball when he hits it. Itís scary. Whenís heís up, I back up plenty far at third base. Heís capable of hitting the ball harder than anyone is this league. "

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.