VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, October 07 2004, 16:56:35
Author: UTA_alum
Subject: Liquor Law Violations Increase

I try to see the good in everything :), so when I read in today's 'Horn that the Liquor Law violations had increased 400%, I was at first shocked. But then, the shock subsided and I came to an easy conclusion about why this happened.

More campus housing. Four years ago, UTA seriously lacked campus housing and there were no parties on campus except at fraternitiy houses. So things we easy to maintain.

Between then and now, UTA has provided [like] thousands of new beds on campus. As more people live closer together, they will socialize and interact more, that's a given. So they will likely party more too. The more they party the more underage students are exposed to alcohol.

It is an easy correlation. UTA sought "traditional" students. Well, "traditional" students like to party, collectively speaking anyways.
Now, if you can get them to party for the sake of UTA, then you're on to something. If they throw a party to celebrate UTA winning the SLC or going to the NCAA, or beating Texas A&M, think of how many people can be impacted by that. If they party for Homecoming, then WOW!

Yes, I've said it before and I'll say it again. For most of you alums, UTA is not the same campus you remembered it as. You had it good. but we got it better.

That's why I am confident that football can survive at UTA. If we tell the story right, football can thrive. People are looking for a reason to party, football is it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.