VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, November 02 2004, 22:53:34
Author: mwr
Subject: Number Five is Alive!!
In reply to: UTA Alum 's message, "Hey! Back in First Place!!" on Mon, November 01 2004, 20:02:06

The Lady Mavs have posted FIVE shutout matches in a row! And that's an amazing feat. Since their loss to Texas State, they have been on a six game winning streak.

Meanwhile, down in the sticks of east Tejas, the burley SFA Ladyjacks have posted an 11 game winning streak.

The Lady "grunts" lost in Texas Hall lasttime they were here and will probably be looking to extend their winning streak and punish the Mavs for such a gnarley beating just one month ago.

I wrote in the last post that this game was goingto be about digs and I'm stickin' with it. But let me clarify that our team hasn't really been a dominant blocking team. So if Morgan plays the way she has most of the season, then our digs will save us. But I think it's gonna take more than her on defense. Move fast and cover the away angles or come up on the corners when you see the line up.
In my experience, if you come in on the angles first, then you might get an extra split second before the swing comes down by making the hitter think first. Think of it the same way a middle linebacker thinks of a blitz in football. It's about being disruptive. Presence if the first line of force/defense. But, like a linebacker, you still can't be vulnerable on the lines or the outside.

Anyway - I really hope we can disrupt their flow and their winning streak!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get to Natchimodeuches, Texas? I get off of work at five and I think I'd like to be there. You know - being disruptive.

All-in-all, the SLC tournament ought to be highly productive this year. Texas State and SFA are both strong teams, and UTSA is okay I guess. Sam Houston certainly didn't turn out to be the strong team they should have been.

Does anyone know who would we play if we go to the NCAA, I mean what bracket would be play in and with what prospective teams?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.