VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, November 12 2004, 21:44:19
Author: an appalled 91
Subject: Re: Slim Jim Talks to the Old Mavs
In reply to: Duck_Mav 's message, "Re: Slim Jim Talks to the Old Mavs" on Fri, November 12 2004, 17:57:58

No football, therefore no extra support? My way or the highway? Are we not the great Maverick nation that supports the royal blue through thick and thin?

I can't believe what I'm reading...this is like when you'd spend the night over at a friend's house, they wouldn't let you play with one their toys and you'd take your toys and go home. If I can't have X from them, then I'm not giving them Y.

I don't think anyone really thought he'd bring anything definitive or binding (or quotable to the point of being too strong or supportive) to the table in a forum such as the one last night.

If a new fundraising campaign of any sort were announced, I'd be all over it. The main thing is the growth of UTA athletics, which in turn helps the school in general, which is the ultimate goal. If Jim or whovever is in charge thinks a campaign involving the great game of checkers, water color painting, football, a new arena, etc. whatever it is will do that, then we should support it.

I read something recently that gave the idea that downtown Arlington may get developed in a big way in a few years. Not sure if this coincides with the football stadium or not, but I think it can be safely assumed that the new arena would be a big part of it. Let's embrace and fully support the idea of a new civic center/basketball facility being a prelude to a bigger fundraising campaign to bring us football.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.