VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, November 15 2004, 7:21:09
Author: Duck
Subject: A Different Vision

As Secretary of the Athletics Alum group, I have had to prepare the minutes of our monthly meetings. The recent meeting with Pres. Spaniolo was no exception, so I had over an hour of his give-and-take with our members on tape that I had to reduce to writing. This has given me a unique opportunity to review and try to better understand his vision for the University. It took me several hours, but I think maybe now I am getting a better grasp of where he intends to take the school.

Without getting too deep into the details, I think it is fair to say that he envisions a rather comprehensive re-tooling of our communications, marketing and development leadership. There has been ample evidence that he has been working hard to upgrade these areas. (There are by my count at least 3 new VPs.)

After I get back corrections and additions to my draft of the meeting minutes, I will probably post some of his remarks on the football website, so you can see what I am talking about.

Until then, suffice it to say that he is laying the ground work to bring about significant changes in the culture of UTA and the surrounding community. The amount of time that it is expected to take still frustrates me, but I am getting to understand it will take some doing to lay the groundwork to allow us to be successful in a year or two, when we start that long-awaited capital campaign.

I'm still convinced that Athletics Expansion/Football needs to be a part of any successful capital campaign, but hey, that's just my opinion.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.