VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, November 16 2004, 10:15:34
Author: 91
Subject: Re: Sam has a close one with Houston
In reply to: giantbenmav 's message, "Sam has a close one with Houston" on Tue, November 16 2004, 9:50:16

I was watching some of the George Washington-Wake Forest game last night and saw it crawl across the bottom where Sam had a nice lead with about 10:00 left or so...then after a couple of more times it came across and Sam's lead was gone. I had forgotten Tom Penders is the coach down there. Congrats to Sam for nearly pulling off a decent upset.

But recall we only lost by 2 or 3 down there 2 or 3 years ago in a VERY winnable afternoon game. If I recall correctly, we didn't play particularly well, they didn't play particularly well and we shoulda/coulda won.

I got to see the Houston Phi Slamma Jamma team in a regional playoff game in 1980 or 1981 at the Summit down there.

Granted I was only about 12 years old, but the memories of the Cougars that day are still etched into my mind. That was basketball at its very best. Fun to watch, pure skill and artistry. Simply amazing. I'd love to somehow go back in time and match up that team against any of the good Syracuse, Duke, Texas, Oklahoma teams of recent years. Those guys could really run the floor and just didn't miss much from the field.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.