VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, November 16 2004, 11:33:51
Author: 91
Subject: Re: A Different Vision
In reply to: Duck 's message, "Re: A Different Vision" on Tue, November 16 2004, 11:05:50

after reading the transcript (thanks so much!!!)
my impressions are:

Interesting.

Spaniolo is going to take his time on the football issue. ISounds like a question of 'creating demand' for football rather than fulfilling demand at this point. Or is there a 'hidden demand' that needs to be tapped into? But until the frats, student organizations and so forth really make it known there's a need, I'm not sure all the discussion and so forth from us old alumns is gonna have much influence. Maybe the corporate/bigger money is there, but he wants to hear it from the students. I think it's like we all said at the time...4 or 5,000or 8,000 students voting for it would have made an impression.

Spaniolo has a BIG vision of how athletics, etc. each fit into the bigger picture and is working toward a big-time fundraising push, the likes of which we have never, ever seen. If it goes well, football and athletics will get a piece of the pie, assuming the pie is big enough to make a difference.

Keeping a consistent stand with other comments he's made, Spaniolo makes it clear the Mavs won't be playing in Texas Hall any longer than absolutely necessary

The communications campaign (part of a much bigger plan) will help UTA visiblity for Mav merch, etc.

The outdoor graduation in the stadium with fireworks, etc. will make graduation a really big deal for the school and the community. It shows we take ourselves seriously as a school, and are proud of the graduates. It also brings together all the different departments and majors as a unified, cohesive group of grads. We just graduated in the school of liberal arts at Texas Hall. Would have been nice to see some of my freinds in the business school, etc.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: A Different Vision -- FoUTASportscaster, Tue, November 16 2004, 17:52:08

• Re: A Different Vision -- Duck_Mav, Tue, November 16 2004, 18:58:06

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.