VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Farewell Dick

Author:
Randy Searle
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:42:23 03/03/02 Sun

I was fortunate to have Dick join up with The Cimarron Creek Band in the late 80's- early 90's. I remember Dick having a quiet wisdom about him. He was a true gentleman with quick wit and a gleam in his eye

Paul Marshall pretty much summed it up on his post below. There certainly wasn't a night that went by.... that some sort of musical magic poured out of Dick, Robert Dahms, Paul Marshall, Tom Lambuth, and occasionally...myself.

I remember Dick and Robert played so well off of each other...knowing when to lay out...and knowing when to fill...knowing when to pick up and continue the solo handed to them by each other....whether it be guitar, fiddle, or mandolin....and doing so with such preciseness.

I remember Dick's hands being relatively small..and it always amazed me on his precision and quickness as he manuveured with his small fingers.

It is traditional every Christmas, to play his Christmas recordings. A true peice of musical work.

Goodbye Dick...you will be missed.

Randy Searle

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.