VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Re: Goodbye Old Pal (he would have liked that!)

Author:
David Bromberg
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:04:43 01/01/02 Tue
In reply to: Neil Rossi 's message, "Goodbye Old Pal (he would have liked that!)" on 16:20:56 12/29/01 Sat

I would just like to echo Neil in thanking the people who set up this website. I owe Neil a lot of thanks, not just for telling me about this website, but for introducing me to Dick Fegy. The story Neil told about him recommending Dick to replace him is true, of course. I'll never forget that he told me that I wouldn't like Dick because he played guitar better than I did. He was right only about how well he played guitar. I don't think that anyone who ever played with Dick could help but to respect and like him. The band that we played in was a close knit group. We had to be because we were together 24-7 for quite a few years. Dick was certainly the musical glue that kept the sound together, but he was a lot more than that to the rest of us. He was a deep musician, and I don't think that anyone ever saw all of his resources in that respect. He was also very funny. I guess we were a band of clowns, and Dick was not the loudest, but he had something to say it was always relevant or very funny. All those years on the road together, it sometimes felt like us (the band) vs. the world. I got to share the stage with just Dick almost every night, and that had its own special feeling. I'm trying to say that we went through a lot together, we went all over the world a few times. I've spoken to every one who was in the band or crew, and like them, I can't quite get my mind around this event. Talking with other people who knew and loved Dick is a painful comfort. Reading the words of people whom I don't know, but knew Dick is much the same. It's something that gives me comfort at the same time that it pokes at the place that hurts by reminding me that Dick is supposed to be gone. He was an important person in my life, and I love him.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Goodbye Old Pal (he would have liked that!)

Author:
Jon Work
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:40 01/10/02 Thu

Dear David, As a longtime fan of you, your bandmates and "friends", I am deeply saddened by the passing of Mr.Fegy and would like to express my sincere condolences to you on the loss of your friend. I only saw him from the audience perspective,and it was obvious what a talented person he was, but it was also obvious how he enjoyed life through his music, and how well liked a person he was by his friends around him. From all of the messages posted, he was well loved and It looks like his legacy will move on. Again my sincere condolences.

Sincerely,

Jon Work

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Jerry Krakowski
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:39 01/11/02 Fri

Dave,

Some of your words at the Memorial helped to "flesh out" who Dick Fegy was. It would be great if you could put together some annecdotes of your experiences ... such as his playing guitar better than you. You must have hundreds of stories.

Jerry Krakowski

Author:
Dan Pion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:01 01/21/02 Mon

I met Dick, John and you during the 70's as a college student and radio host in Oneonta, N.Y. My friends and I used to travel the upstate N.Y. circuit to watch the band and enjoyed your music for years. The world will miss the man but his music lives on......

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.